sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Does the child not take the oath when the parent does, then?
Kids under 14 don’t have to but they absolutely can attend oath if they want. (As a matter of fact, my 8 year old kid will be coming with me for the oath. She is an applicant as part of our family app package).
the status for the kids changes to DM after the parents oath. That’s what I was advised by past applicants.

Last edited:
Reactions: emamabd

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
No no they absolutely do. But the status for the kids changes to DM after that. That’s what I was advised by past applicants.
I believe that children under 14 don't take the oath at all, and their certificates are sent from Sydney, rather than given at a citizenship ceremony (but that only happens after the parent(s) have become Canadian citizens).

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I believe that children under 14 don't take the oath at all, and their certificates are sent from Sydney, rather than given at a citizenship ceremony (but that only happens after the parent(s) have become Canadian citizens).
Yes kids under 14 don’t have to but they can join the parents at the oath if they want. So yes you are right. Sorry I didn’t word it clearly. I will edit my post accordingly. Thanks

Last edited:

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Yes but they can join the parents at the oath if they want. So yes you are right. Sorry I didn’t word it clearly. I will edit my post accordingly. Thanks
I just looked it up and it turns out that they can attend and receive their certificate: "Every person who is 14 years of age or older, and who has met the requirements of citizenship, must attend the ceremony and take the oath of citizenship. The Citizenship Act does not require new citizens under the age of 14 to take the oath, but they are welcome to attend the ceremony and receive their certificates." (from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/video/canadian-citizenship-ceremony-what-you-need-know.html)

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I just looked it up and it turns out that they can attend and receive their certificate: "Every person who is 14 years of age or older, and who has met the requirements of citizenship, must attend the ceremony and take the oath of citizenship. The Citizenship Act does not require new citizens under the age of 14 to take the oath, but they are welcome to attend the ceremony and receive their certificates." (from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/video/canadian-citizenship-ceremony-what-you-need-know.html)
Yes

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Same here. Has been over 4 months since test. Spouse status changed to DM, one month after test. Mine still IP. No additional docs or FP requested. Am just frustrated at the whole process. Any advise?
4 months? Wow. Did you try calling them or ordering GCMS notes?

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Oh, thank you very much
I ordered my ATIP notes twice. First time was in January (my file went into In process in December) and it showed that my file has moved to Saskatoon. Security was not started then. Then I ordered my ATIP notes in February and it showed some extra info about security (security screening details will be greyed out because it is not released to public) but it said started/in process. It also said my case was assigned to an officer for test scheduling and I received test date feb 22.

I have also read somewhere in this forum, it showed more info for them about finger print request. It will be lot of pages and somewhat confusing but if you spend sometime reading it, it will give some idea as to what’s happening with your file and what’s the reason behind delay (possibly). Hope this helps.

Also if you order under privacy act for yourself it’s free. Takes about 30 days to receive it and it will be generated on the date of submission. So if you order it today, you will get it in 30 days (choose email delivery) and it will have information about your file up until today.

Last edited:
Reactions: itslulutime

itslulutime

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Montreal
LANDED..........
01-12-2013
I ordered my ATIP notes twice. First time was in January (my file went into In process in December) and it showed that my file has moved to Saskatoon. Security was not started then. Then I ordered my ATIP notes in February and it showed some extra info about security (security screening details will be greyed out because it is not released to public) but it said started/in process. It also said my case was assigned to an officer for test scheduling and I received test date feb 22.

I have also read somewhere in this forum, it showed more info for them about finger print request. It will be lit if pages and somewhat confusing but if you spend sometime reading it, it will give some idea as to what’s happening with your file and what’s the reason behind delay (possibly). Hope this helps.

Also if you order under privacy act for yourself it’s free. Takes about 30 days to receive it and it will be generated on the date of submission. So if you order it today, you will get it in 30 days (choose email delivery) and it will have information about your file up until today.
Excellent!!! thanks for all this info :)