+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DM after spousal sponsorship interview Jan 2020

Learner77

Sep 25, 2019
Hi all,

We had our interview for spousal sponsorship this Jan 16, 2020. My husband has had some misrepresentation issues earlier which was the primary question the interviewer asked about. She was quite comfortable with the genuinty of our relationship however due to the earlier misrepresentation, she gave us a hint that her decision will most likely be negative. After that i did sincerely explain my situation where i can't always get vacation to travel back and forth to see him and the expense. My husband also very sincerely explained he was very remorseful for earlier mistakes. She did then say well, I will be sending you a letter with my final decision. Its only been 2 weeks but this wait is really hard. How long do they take to make a DM in these cases? We just want to be able to plan as honestly I can't wait another 2 years like this ,then might as well move there.

Last edited:

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Hi all,

We had our interview for spousal sponsorship this Jan 16, 2019. My husband has had some misrepresentation issues earlier which was the primary question the interviewer asked about. She was quite comfortable with the genuinty of our relationship however due to the earlier misrepresentation, she gave us a hint that her decision will most likely be negative. After that i did sincerely explain my situation where i can't always get vacation to travel back and forth to see him and the expense. My husband also very sincerely explained he was very remorseful for earlier mistakes. She did then say well, I will be sending you a letter with my final decision. Its only been 2 weeks but this wait is really hard. How long do they take to make a DM in these cases? We just want to be able to plan as honestly I can't wait another 2 years like this ,then might as well move there.

Do you mean 2019 or 2020

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Hi all,

We had our interview for spousal sponsorship this Jan 16, 2020. My husband has had some misrepresentation issues earlier which was the primary question the interviewer asked about. She was quite comfortable with the genuinty of our relationship however due to the earlier misrepresentation, she gave us a hint that her decision will most likely be negative. After that i did sincerely explain my situation where i can't always get vacation to travel back and forth to see him and the expense. My husband also very sincerely explained he was very remorseful for earlier mistakes. She did then say well, I will be sending you a letter with my final decision. Its only been 2 weeks but this wait is really hard. How long do they take to make a DM in these cases? We just want to be able to plan as honestly I can't wait another 2 years like this ,then might as well move there.
Hi, So sorry to hear these pinching moments which I have gone through last January 2019. I hope this is your 1st refusal, am I right? I would like to say do not give up. only to correct and missing part and you will be ok.

Reactions: Learner77

Learner77

Sep 25, 2019
What kind of misrepresentation?
- some lies the agents suggested when applying for tourist visa , like he was married (but he wasn’t) also he did not mention that he has US visa refusal. Then he received letter that he may be banned if he does not respond to these mistakes. But he never replied to that letter in 2016. Now I applied his spousal visa in April 2019 and this Jan 2020 we had interview. We applied under humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. Do we stand a chance? We love each other and he is remorseful for earlier mistakes? Do you think the Visa officer can make positive decision?

Learner77

Sep 25, 2019
My speculation is that the applicant "forget" to claim a visa refusal on application.
Yes , he did not mention US visa refusal on his Canadian tourist visa application, as well as the notorious agents filled out he was married in order to increase his chances of getting TRV instead he ended up with a ban for 5 years. We applied under H & C catergory as per our lawyer advice, this time all information is 100 % true! Do we stand a chance ? The anxiety of wait is too much! I have a very good Job but if we get declined I have no choice but to go live with him. 2 years wait till ban will be too much :(

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
- some lies the agents suggested when applying for tourist visa , like he was married (but he wasn’t) also he did not mention that he has US visa refusal. Then he received letter that he may be banned if he does not respond to these mistakes. But he never replied to that letter in 2016. Now I applied his spousal visa in April 2019 and this Jan 2020 we had interview. We applied under humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. Do we stand a chance? We love each other and he is remorseful for earlier mistakes? Do you think the Visa officer can make positive decision?
Did you mention this in your spousal application? Did he actually get banned in 2016?

Learner77

Sep 25, 2019
Hi, So sorry to hear these pinching moments which I have gone through last January 2019. I hope this is your 1st refusal, am I right? I would like to say do not give up. only to correct and missing part and you will be ok.
Thanks we are not giving up but the wait is very difficult. I’m here all alone so not easy ...

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes , he did not mention US visa refusal on his Canadian tourist visa application, as well as the notorious agents filled out he was married in order to increase his chances of getting TRV instead he ended up with a ban for 5 years. We applied under H & C catergory as per our lawyer advice, this time all information is 100 % true! Do we stand a chance ? The anxiety of wait is too much! I have a very good Job but if we get declined I have no choice but to go live with him. 2 years wait till ban will be too much :(
If you've applied before the ban was over you don't really have a good chance of being approved.

Learner77

Sep 25, 2019
Did you mention this in your spousal application? Did he actually get banned in 2016?
Yes we have mentioned the ban and also apologized for it. He acknowledges his mistake and how under influence of agent he agreed to lie on application. Never again. On this application we have mentioned only 100% truth. Yes the latest caps notes mention about ban but it’s not very clear. But the Visa officer did mention during interview he has ban till 2021.

Learner77

Sep 25, 2019
If you've applied before the ban was over you don't really have a good chance of being approved.
Yes I agree but our lawyer suggested we can? If the lawyer wasn’t good I was suspect he just wanted to make money from us. In fact he even mentioned if we get refused we can appeal? I’m so confused