+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DL issue

Deep00456

Jan 13, 2022
Hi
I have my knowledge test last month but they didn’t let me do it and kept my indian license for verification . Yesterday i hot letter from icbc and tgey said that my DL is not valid, it’s fraudulent . And suspended my application for 60 days and told me to get learners license .
I have been using my DL since 2016 and it’s 100% genuine I don’t know why they said this.
what should i do now? Should i call icbc regarding this or just go for learners ?
please advise me
Thanks

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi
I have my knowledge test last month but they didn’t let me do it and kept my indian license for verification . Yesterday i hot letter from icbc and tgey said that my DL is not valid, it’s fraudulent . And suspended my application for 60 days and told me to get learners license .
I have been using my DL since 2016 and it’s 100% genuine I don’t know why they said this.
what should i do now? Should i call icbc regarding this or just go for learners ?
please advise me
Thanks
Hi there. It might be worth speaking to someone at ICBC. They may ask that you get an authorized letter authenticating and verifying that your license is valid. I'd check with the Indian Embassy here to see if they can provide you with such a letter. Hopefully you kept a copy of your license somewhere so you can provide your details. I hope some other people on the forums give you some input and I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: Deep00456

Deep00456

Jan 13, 2022
Hi there. It might be worth speaking to someone at ICBC. They may ask that you get an authorized letter authenticating and verifying that your license is valid. I'd check with the Indian Embassy here to see if they can provide you with such a letter. Hopefully you kept a copy of your license somewhere so you can provide your details. I hope some other people on the forums give you some input and I wish you the best of luck.

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Okay thank you so much. I have the photocopy of my DL for details
What I have read from the forums is that you should have gotten a Letter of Authentication on your drivers license from the government office that issued you your license in India. I've researched the web and various posts state that you can also get this letter from your embassy. So reach out to your embassy with your license details, explain the situation and that they kept your original license, and see if the embassy can still provide you with a Letter of Authentication or contact the transportation office on your behalf to authenticate your license and get it back. Start there first, with the embassy. You can also contact your MP and explain what has happened to see if they will offer any help.

I am sorry no one else has responded, and that I don't have any specific help to offer. I hope the embassy will give you some good help. Please update us on your progress. Best wishes.

Deep00456

Jan 13, 2022
Yeah i will do . I was just looking for suggestions. The thing is the didn’t give me any specific reason they just wrote that this doesn’t meet our eligibility criteria so that’s why we found it fraud document. And for that time we are just suspending you application otherwise it’s fine is $20,000 .

Deep00456

Jan 13, 2022
What I have read from the forums is that you should have gotten a Letter of Authentication on your drivers license from the government office that issued you your license in India. I've researched the web and various posts state that you can also get this letter from your embassy. So reach out to your embassy with your license details, explain the situation and that they kept your original license, and see if the embassy can still provide you with a Letter of Authentication or contact the transportation office on your behalf to authenticate your license and get it back. Start there first, with the embassy. You can also contact your MP and explain what has happened to see if they will offer any help.

I am sorry no one else has responded, and that I don't have any specific help to offer. I hope the embassy will give you some good help. Please update us on your progress. Best wishes.

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Yeah i will do . I was just looking for suggestions. The thing is the didn’t give me any specific reason they just wrote that this doesn’t meet our eligibility criteria so that’s why we found it fraud document. And for that time we are just suspending you application otherwise it’s fine is $20,000 .
Oh my God!! That's crazy. I would take the suspension over the fine also. Wow!
Might as well do your learners in the tine your license is suspended - there's no harm in it. Then if it turns out that's the route you have to take at least one part will be done. Still check in with the embassy though

Last edited:

Deep00456

Jan 13, 2022
Yeah! One of my friend’s cousin, he also went for knowledge test and at ICBC office they were like your license is not valid. He said i am using this from years how could you say this a fraud.
The lady over there, she told him to sit there and she was like i am calling police right now because you are doing fraud.
He said okay do whatever you wanna do. After that they ask for a letter from india and now he has class 1 . So don’t know why they do like this.

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Yeah! One of my friend’s cousin, he also went for knowledge test and at ICBC office they were like your license is not valid. He said i am using this from years how could you say this a fraud.
The lady over there, she told him to sit there and she was like i am calling police right now because you are doing fraud.
He said okay do whatever you wanna do. After that they ask for a letter from india and now he has class 1 . So don’t know why they do like this.
So it sounds like if you don't have that Letter of Authentication that I spoke about, then here they just say oh well is fraud. What they should be saying is, we do not recognize your license as valid unless you have a Letter of Authentication. That's a big difference than saying oh you are fraud. Bloody idiots.

You should absolutely contact your embassy then and ask them to provide you with Letter of Authentication on your license and tell them the office here took your license and didn't return it. You let the embassy and your MP know how the office here treated you and disrespected you. That you were not afforded common courtesy and respect and that you were falsely accused of fraud. Tell them that the office should have simply stated we do not accept your license without Authentication Letter and this is highly disrespectful towards immigrants in Canada. MP's office at the least should contact the office here you dealt with and put in a compliant. Embassy should prepare and provide you with Authentication Letter.

Hang in there.:)

Jatin0066k

Nov 17, 2023
I passed my knowledge test, road test for class 5. Two months ago now, i got letter saying indian lincse i submit is a copy and i have to submit original which i told them before taking knowledge test and lady accepted it because i had driving extract record from india. I can’t submit orginal because i lost it in 2018. Is there anyone who can help me or any lawyer.