No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
canadianwoman said:
Whatever assets were accumulated after the marriage are communal property and should be divided equally. It doesn't matter who actually bought something.
However, that is for a normal marriage. It could be argued that since she used you to commit immigration fraud, the above should not apply to your marriage. You will need a lawyer for this.
She never committed immigration fraud, she probably had second thought on the marriage just like the op. I felt for the op until I read that he already found a new foreign girlfriend. Both parties are guilty most likely there are two sides to every story.

Honestly how would you feel about moving to a new country with your spouse you barely knew and your spouse is already looking at new women less than a year after you are married.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
duMaurier said:
TFSA I can use but the tax implication on the RRSP is a ridiculous. I Just wanted your guys thoughts.

My financial advice is put your money into TFSA vs RRSP unless RRSP will help you save money on your income tax.
The tax implication on cashing out RRSP's is not ridiculous, it's simply tax on income that you did NOT pay when you earned it. And unless you're ridiculously wealthy, TFSA is a waste of time.

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna -> changed to Ottawa!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
SaskinSeoul said:
She never committed immigration fraud, she probably had second thought on the marriage just like the op. I felt for the op until I read that he already found a new foreign girlfriend. Both parties are guilty most likely there are two sides to every story.

Honestly how would you feel about moving to a new country with your spouse you barely knew and your spouse is already looking at new women less than a year after you are married.
Hey SaskinSeoul,
canadianwoman wasn't replying to the original OP, she was replying to duMaurier who is in a different situation.

duMaurier

Apr 19, 2015
Thanks BCgirl...

Yes I am in a totally different situation. I am not even going to bother looking for a relationship after this is all over. It's too much of a mental, emotional roller coaster for me to handle.

I really dislike this "Community Property" law. But because it hasnt been 5 years it is considered a "Short Marriage" and hopefully that will work in my favor for dividing. I am not asking for 100% but if she/they expects me to share my assets plus pay her welfare tab then you might as well post her photo up on the Lottery newsletter (Im trying to be humorous). But it is also my fault for trusting people and not preparing with a Pre-Nup. But all my assets I accumulated was within a 3 year period. Yes I can make that money back but I worked my skinny butt off during that period and then I might have to give it to someone who deceived me. I truly hope the Court or Arbitration will see this.

Unfortunately, I am in a rare situation so not many can give me advice or share similar stories. Although I have heard of at least 5 cases of men being used for citizenship I am too embarrassed to ask for their thoughts.

Also "change of hearts" AFTER getting approved for PR IMO should be considered fraud. But thank god for the new conditions.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
duMaurier said:
But it is also my fault for trusting people and not preparing with a Pre-Nup.
Yes.