+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorcing Sponsored Spouse - looking for related experiences

shireen_shah

Jul 26, 2006
Hi I am in the process of divorcing my sposored partner (it's a good thing adn we are still firends) and i was wondering if anyone knew how long a divorce of this type takes after applying to the government?

also, interested in knowing if this will effect us being able to get married again, for how long and what other tips or experiences you may have that you can and would like to share.

cheers

s

jessiejaker

Jul 28, 2006
Wow - I feel like I may not be the only person in a difficult situation... HELP!

Any advice? My sponsored husband has turned in to the husband from hell - whom I refuse to allow to verbally abuse me any longer!!! He hasn't yet received his visa - it should be arriving within a month or so. Here's my problem - If I call immigration and cancel the sponsorship application now - what happens to him? He is forced to leave Canada I assume? And because he can't work yet - I'm going to be footing the bill for that, correct?

What happens if I wait till he gets his visa? (Then I wont have the guilt of deporting him.) But can I divorce him immidiately after he gets his papers? And any idea how much a divorce costs? And how long it takes to get one????

HELP & ADVICE PLEASE!

marocbeauty

Aug 30, 2007
I am in the same situation. I just found out the hard way. My husband is not who I thought he was. I was so scammed by a moroccan man. He has his visa he is with me now. he has been here for a month. Can he be sent back to morocco. How can I get that done please help me.

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
jessiejaker;

you may want to deal/confront the situation before he arrives Canada. Remember, once he is in Canada you are financially responsible for him for 3 years (and he is not eligible for financial assistance during this period). You may want to review the contract you signed again to understand what you are on the hook for once he arrives. If you decide to withdraw your sponsorship before he arrives - he will not be able to enter Canada.

I suggest you speak to an immigration and/or divorce lawyer and get some legal advice.

All the best,

T

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

travel_fan said:
jessiejaker;

you may want to deal/confront the situation before he arrives Canada. Remember, once he is in Canada you are financially responsible for him for 3 years (and he is not eligible for financial assistance during this period). You may want to review the contract you signed again to understand what you are on the hook for once he arrives. If you decide to withdraw your sponsorship before he arrives - he will not be able to enter Canada.

I suggest you speak to an immigration and/or divorce lawyer and get some legal advice.

All the best,

If the marriage is falling apart, it is time to withdraw the sponsorship before he get here.

PMM

T