17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
Hi Guys,

I was married to a Filipino in Philippines and got divorced last year in a Canadian court because the sponsorship process to bring her to Canada was unsuccessful. Now, I want to marry another Filipino living in Canada. Are they any complication to this? My ex wife refused to talk to me, and won't even tell me if she already applied for annulment of our wedding in Philippines or not. The divorce was approved in a Canadian court and she was properly served with copies of all the divorce papers, but I learnt she has to process these papers to be legal in Philippines. If she does not annul my marriage to her in the Phil, will this render my new marriage to a filipino living in Canada as invalid? My fiancee and I plan to never live in Phil or register our marriage in the Philippines.

Thanks.

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
I should also mention that I am not a Filipino.

out

Jun 23, 2012
this is legality already that a professional advice is needed. seek a lawyer to give you the correct and functional advice in all aspect to put you in the right perspective...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How long ago was the divorce finalized? What is the status of your fiancee in Canada? How long ago have you known her? Sorry for the questions. Have proof of how the relationship with your fiancee developed. If you are going to sponsor your fiancee, soon to be wife, make sure you have all the proof to show it is not marriage of convenience. Certainly divorced people can marry again. Sure your marriage with your Filipino wife is not yet dissolved as per Philippine law but under Canadian law it is over.

mikky78 said:
Hi Guys,

I was married to a Filipino in Philippines and got divorced last year in a Canadian court because the sponsorship process to bring her to Canada was unsuccessful. Now, I want to marry another Filipino living in Canada. Are they any complication to this? My ex wife refused to talk to me, and won't even tell me if she already applied for annulment of our wedding in Philippines or not. The divorce was approved in a Canadian court and she was properly served with copies of all the divorce papers, but I learnt she has to process these papers to be legal in Philippines. If she does not annul my marriage to her in the Phil, will this render my new marriage to a filipino living in Canada as invalid? My fiancee and I plan to never live in Phil or register our marriage in the Philippines.

Thanks.

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
I'm not planning to sponsor her. She already applied for PR on her own, and we'll await the outcome of it. I just want to know if the marriage is legal because she is a Philippines citizen. I'm Canadian citizen, so don't care bout Philippines law, I'm just worried about her that she has a legal marriage.

mikky78

Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
Interview........
19-08-2010
Divorce was finalized in April 2011 in a Canadian court. She is a live-in caregiver on a work permit, and has applied for PR and should receive her OWP pretty soon. I've known her for about a year now. BEcause my previous marriage was thought to be that of convenience by Canadian embassy, I do not plan to sponsor anyone to Canada anymore. It's ridiculous if they think a Medical Doctor like myself would get involved in marriage of convenience. I guess they just want to split families apart.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Wow, then you truly are a good catch :) But kidding aside, your marriage should be binding in Canada as long as you and your fiancee are free to marry under Canadian laws. Note too that under Canadian law if you and your fiancee lived together for a year in a marriage-like arrangement without the benefit of marriage you are already considered common law partners, pretty much like spouses.

mikky78 said:
Divorce was finalized in April 2011 in a Canadian court. She is a live-in caregiver on a work permit, and has applied for PR and should receive her OWP pretty soon. I've known her for about a year now. BEcause my previous marriage was thought to be that of convenience by Canadian embassy, I do not plan to sponsor anyone to Canada anymore. It's ridiculous if they think a Medical Doctor like myself would get involved in marriage of convenience. I guess they just want to split families apart.