+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorced in Canada

gwapinka1988

Nov 1, 2018
Hello, I am married to Canadian in Philippines. We are still legally married for 11 years now. He decided to separate from me March 2016. And december 2016 I found he has new love in Philippines and they stay together. We are not legally separated. Our spousal visa way back 2008 was denied because of our 28 years gap. And he did not appeal. So we stayed in Philippines and we have 1 son and we never been to Canada.
Now my question is, can he file divorce with me in Canada without my signature even we got married in Philippines? I saw them they are both wearing a ring, so I think he filed divorced in Canada but I did not receive any notice. Can he file divorce with me without my knowledge?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Yes he can. He just needs to prove he has lived separate from you for a year to file for divorce in Canada. Nothing you can do about it.

gwapinka1988

Nov 1, 2018
Thank you for reply.
I am confused because I thought I can receive a notice and need my signature on it. Will the divorce be granted even without my signature?
I am worried because he is not supporting our son. Where can I go to get help for support, me and our son are just in Philippines.