Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
You will need to prove you have sole custody or his permission to bring your son in permanently. I've been questioned just bringing my children in (without my husband) for a vacation. I was told at immigration to make sure that in future I travelled with a letter or permission from my husband.

I hope you can get sole custody quickly and easily.

jag21

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOM/PCC 28-03-2016 Transcript 06-09-2016
AOR Received.
4-12-2015 Aor2 18-01-2016
File Transfer...
18-01-2016 ιp вgc 02-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-08-2015 Remed 22-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
If you have just a joint custody it means you and your x have shared parenting and reaponsibilities in that way you cant take out the child without the authority of the other parent.

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
Taddy said:
You will need to prove you have sole custody or his permission to bring your son in permanently. I've been questioned just bringing my children in (without my husband) for a vacation. I was told at immigration to make sure that in future I travelled with a letter or permission from my husband.

I hope you can get sole custody quickly and easily.
So if I will get the sole custody I dont need the permission of my ex spouse anymore? I just need to show them the proof that I have the custody? Thank you

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
jag21 said:
If you have just a joint custody it means you and your x have shared parenting and reaponsibilities in that way you cant take out the child without the authority of the other parent.
Is that mean that if I have the sole custody I can bring my son here in Canada even without his permission? Thank you

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
I would assume so. My letter said -Proof that you have a full custody of Xxxx. Please visit the website: www.goingtocanada.gc.ca and that was it.

jag21

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
To be honest its hard to get a sole custody especially if the other party is physically active or present to the childs life but base on Philippine Law categorically provides that no child under seven years of age shall be separated from the mother, unless the court finds compelling reasons to order otherwise (Article 213, Family Code). In other words, the law presumes that the mother is the best custodian,which finds its reason in the basic need of a child for his mother’s loving care. You have more chance of getting your son custody base on philippine family code. Once you have the full custody of your son all you need to do is to show the custody paper.

vjanjua

Jun 25, 2014
kindly answer my query.
I got P.R under FSWP in 2014. Now I want to divorce my spouse and remarry. What is the waiting period for me to sponsor my new spouse after getting the divorce from the previous one.

Filipinay

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Oakville, ON
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
File Transfer...
and SA 06-01-2017; BGC In progress: 26-04-2017
Med's Request
Re- Med request 14-03-2017
Med's Done....
30-03-2017 Medical Passed (Re- Med)
Passport Req..
27-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH 03-07-2017
LANDED..........
22-07-2017
Hello,
U can get married to your bf no problem because when u apply inland/outland spousal, CIC office even if its Manila VO, will honor Canadian law. You dont even have to change the details of your passport. As per your custody issue, as long as you have the full custody from Philippine court, u dont need your ex's permission. And i agree to the one who quoted Phil Family court's law that children below 7yr old is by default should be in mother's custody. I am in the exact same boat as you are, and when i filed for a petition of full custody in the Philippines, i had to go back home twice, one for filing, and the last one for court's decision. Hope this helps God bless!

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
jag21 said:
To be honest its hard to get a sole custody especially if the other party is physically active or present to the childs life but base on Philippine Law categorically provides that no child under seven years of age shall be separated from the mother, unless the court finds compelling reasons to order otherwise (Article 213, Family Code). In other words, the law presumes that the mother is the best custodian,which finds its reason in the basic need of a child for his mother’s loving care. You have more chance of getting your son custody base on philippine family code. Once you have the full custody of your son all you need to do is to show the custody paper.
Thank you, yes my lawyer in the Philippines said I can get the sole custody, I got my son examined already but I put him as non accompanying for now because if I wanted to get my PR first then after I will go home and file the custody then sponsor him again. Hopefully the letter of custody is enough to get my son because my ex will not sign the consent letter saying that he's allowing my son to come with me here in Canada.

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
Filipinay said:
Hello,
U can get married to your bf no problem because when u apply inland/outland spousal, CIC office even if its Manila VO, will honor Canadian law. You dont even have to change the details of your passport. As per your custody issue, as long as you have the full custody from Philippine court, u dont need your ex's permission. And i agree to the one who quoted Phil Family court's law that children below 7yr old is by default should be in mother's custody. I am in the exact same boat as you are, and when i filed for a petition of full custody in the Philippines, i had to go back home twice, one for filing, and the last one for court's decision. Hope this helps God bless!

Hi, thank you for the information, I just wanted to ask if how long it will take to get the full custody? I am planning to go home nect year to file the custody, I am hoping to get my PR before March so I can go home and process everything. The agency who is processing my PR application said I will need the letter of consent signed by my ex in order to bring my son here in Canada although I have the custody she said I still need the letter. Thank you very much.

Zynah

Nov 14, 2015
vjanjua said:
kindly answer my query.
I got P.R under FSWP in 2014. Now I want to divorce my spouse and remarry. What is the waiting period for me to sponsor my new spouse after getting the divorce from the previous one.
Hi, divorce will only take 3-5months only, but I think there is a certain time that you can sponsor your new spouse. My current PR application is under SINP, me and my bf didn't get married yet because I wanted to wait what will be the decision in my application.

jag21

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
Zynah said:
Thank you, yes my lawyer in the Philippines said I can get the sole custody, I got my son examined already but I put him as non accompanying for now because if I wanted to get my PR first then after I will go home and file the custody then sponsor him again. Hopefully the letter of custody is enough to get my son because my ex will not sign the consent letter saying that he's allowing my son to come with me here in Canada.
Some court giving a sole custody for a custodial parent and giving some rights for non custodial parent like visiting rights or whatsoever in that way you need your ex permission when you sponsor your son. Just make sure that you will get the sole custody and the full legal rights to your son to avaoid any complication when your ready to sponsor him.