+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445


Discussion in 'Provincial Nomination Program Immigration' started by menti, Nov 5, 2018.

  1. Hello All,

    I got a MPNP and landed in june 2018(winnipeg), after getting my PR left the canada, live my home country and all of sudden my husband gave me divorce in my home country now i have divorce paper, my question is where should i report of my divorce in Canada, i m still in my home country.
    Please help me
  2. If you are already a Permanent Resident, you do not need inform IRCC of your marital status change.
    Make sure you have possession of your COPR document and your PR card.
  3. Thanks for reply but how can i sponsor if i marry again?
  4. You can sponsor as soon as you are back living in Canada. You came in via MPNP, which is an economic immigration class. Therefore, there is no bar to sponsorship.
  5. if i marry again in my home country and can i sponsor still live in my home country? but i think i have to inform someone but not sure where?
  6. No. To sponsor, a Permanent Resident must be physically living in Canada. You can't sponsor from outside.
  7. Thank you!
  8. Did you get divorced right after landing? Have you been married for a long time? Were you the primary applicant? The optics of the situation are not great and can lead to further questions.

Share This Page