+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce

franck1983ab

Oct 4, 2015
I have been married for 4 years, I had applied for canadian PR with spouse. I am planning to enter canada in few months and get PR.
I am thinking of divorce, is it better to get divorced before entering or after ?
Will the divorce revoke my PR ?

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Unless there is someone who has been through the same situation, I seriously think you should consult an immigration lawyer.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
franck1983ab said:
I have been married for 4 years, I had applied for canadian PR with spouse. I am planning to enter canada in few months and get PR.
I am thinking of divorce, is it better to get divorced before entering or after ?
I advise you complete your FSW application, get PR then land. Later on, you may consider separation or hopefully, sort out issues with your spouse. All the best.

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
franck1983ab said:
How many points did you score for FSW? If you have taken the help of your spouse to reach the mark of 67 Score then definitely it will effect your PR Application and may end in refusal after the divorce.

My advice, sort out the things with your spouse. Definitely she is 1 in million and carries something special which no other would have!

franck1983ab

Oct 4, 2015
My PR has been approved and we got the visa.

I have 72 points, including my wife 77. Divorce is a long process. Once I get a job in Canada, it will difficult to travel back and forth for the divorce.

I read that Ontario grants divorce 1 year after entry, which is not valid in India. I want to be sure of my options.

I do not want to make a mistake in a hurry. I am considering all the options.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
franck1983ab said:
My PR has been approved and we got the visa.

I have 72 points, including my wife 77. Divorce is a long process. Once I get a job in Canada, it will difficult to travel back and forth for the divorce.

I read that Ontario grants divorce 1 year after entry, which is not valid in India. I want to be sure of my options.

I do not want to make a mistake in a hurry. I am considering all the options.
consult a lawyer in canada