+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce while Application Under process

Dipinti

May 28, 2019
Mumbai
I m also going to apply for divorce. But i never applied or made an accpunt yet i m going to give ielts. But want to seperate with spouse and will send a notice tommrow. Do i have to show CIC divorce papers when i haven't even added my spouse yet?
Also if my husband is not ready to give me divorce will i get stuck and not able to go n apply pr canada. Pls guide

wondergirl1989

Jul 26, 2019
I m also going to apply for divorce. But i never applied or made an accpunt yet i m going to give ielts. But want to seperate with spouse and will send a notice tommrow. Do i have to show CIC divorce papers when i haven't even added my spouse yet?
Also if my husband is not ready to give me divorce will i get stuck and not able to go n apply pr canada. Pls guide
I had the same situation ,I added my spouse as non-accompanying .But cic did come back asking for divorce certificate .So I asked for a extra time luckily I got the document within the additional time they gave me (1 month) .Basically cic needs some kind of documented proof signed/stamped by the court.
So I would suggest try to get some kind of proof from the judge stating your divorce application is in process stating the case no and sign stamp of the Judge/officer. But you will have to add your spouse as non-accompanying until you get divorce

Athiqatar

Sep 14, 2020
Hi, i think am on the same ship. I am currently staying in Qatar under my company sponsorhip. i have a girl aged 7 under my sponsorship. i am separated from my husband for 4.5 years now. he is in india and we dont have any contacts. i am planning to migrate to Canada with my kid. i have already stated my divorce procedure, i have 2 questions:
1. Can i apply canadian PR when my divorce process is going on? if yes, a proof from my lawyer stating my divorce is on process is enough to prove them? 2. For getting sole custody of my kid to travel and live with me in canada, is it necessary for me to provide Sole custody certificate of kid from Court?

Lelin123

Aug 5, 2022
To get certificate /Separation, it takes nearly about 6 months. I hope they consider no# 3 proof of proceeding. I may give a call to CIC tomorrow and let see how they are dealing my case.
hello,

whats happened in your case. Did you get your pr during divorce? Can you please help me here