+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

divorce filled by sponsor after arrival in canada and cliamed for marriage fraud

UDAY1

Apr 25, 2009
hi..my spouse filled an application on marriage basis for my migration to canada but.after my arrival in canada he divorced me as it was a marriage breakdown over the time period i has a daughter with my ex. but i never get a chance to live with my ex even a single day after my arrival.my daughter unfortunately passed away before i landed.now my ex-spouse has filled a case of marriage fraud to cic against me..currently i reside with my boyfriend and has a child with him pls advice what shud i do..shud i notify cic about my current status??will i be deported?? i am afraid..may god help and guide me thru this rough time...pls give me ur suggestions my dear frnds..awaiting eagerly..thxs

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have PR already, it is very unlikely they will do anything at all. I have never heard of a single person who has been deported because of marriage fraud even in cases where it actually was fraud. Your ex proved to immigration that it was a real marriage to get your visa issued. Now he wants to prove that it wasn't? Doesn't work that way. Besides, you say that it was he who divorced you and not the other way around. How can he say it was marriage fraud? You can call CIC and talk to them if it makes you feel better but you don't need to justify your current status. If you are already a PR, you are free to live in Canada and do what you want, including getting divorced and finding another boyfriend.

UDAY1

Apr 25, 2009
thxs forur support dear frnd..i have already given an interview to cic..but they have referred my case to board forces.i did not do anything wrong .but even though i am getting harrased.my hearing has not been scheduled yet.immigrtion officer wanted proof that i contacted my ex..i had no bad intention that i would have kept any bills or other form of proof.i have air tickets of a later date when i went to my ex spouse.my child with him is also no more.i dont know how i can prove that i was bullied by him .hope everything ends well by the grace of god.

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
if your ex sponsored you he is financially responsible for you for 3 years,you will not get deported-you have been sponsored and the sponsorship still stands and it carved in stone for 3 years-if he wanted to prove a fraudulant marriage-he would have had to do it befor the pr was granted-good luck,sorry to hear about your daughter...God bless u