+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce/ 2nd Marriage Case - Pakistan Specific Inquiry for PA

uyk1989

Aug 26, 2020
***Divorce Case*** Pakistan Specific Inquiry***
**UC is from Karachi***

Hello,

This a bit complicated case, I hope someone who had been through this situation can provide better guidance. My wife's application for the sponsorship has been delivered but we have not received the AOR yet. It is a second marriage for my wife as she was divorced in 2017 and also, she has a child from the first marriage who is a part of this application.

We have submitted her Divorce deed and Divorce Registration Certificate issued by UC/Nadra as part of the application to prove her divorce. However, recently while going through some blogs and posts we came to know that the Date of Notice for Divorce and Date of Failure of Conciliation should have a gap of 90 days (Idat) period as per the Muslim Family Law Ordinance of 1961 or the visa office would send Procedural Fairness letter. In my wife's Divorce Registration Certificate all three events, Date of Notice, Date of Reconciliation, Date of Failure of Reconciliation, and Date of Divorce Effectiveness have the same date. This is a very common issue with DRC as our UC messes up all the time!

Further, my wife had reissued a Divorce Registration Certificate from UC after our marriage because her surname had spelling mistakes due to which the date of issue is of this year Feb now. We also have provided a letter of explanation for the new DRC.

Below are some of my questions:

1) What is the best solution in this situation?

a. Shall we wait for the Procedural Fairness letter and give it a chance?
b. Raise a web form and send them a new certificate with correct dates along with the letter of explanation, putting it as a mistake of UC.
c. Cancel the application and resubmit it with the new DRC

2) What are the correct dates in this situation? Keeping MFLO of 1961 in mind.

a. Date of Divorce Notice: 29th March 2017 – This is the date on which Divorce Deed was received
b. Date of failure of Reconciliation: Should this date be 90 days after the Divorce Notice?
c. Date of Effectiveness of Divorce: Should this be after 90 days of notice or it has to be the same as of notice?

3) Is there any other document except for DRC and Divorce Deed which they ask for? My wife does not have any other documents for her divorce except for these.

4) Does CRMS number matter? CRMS is changed in the reissued Certificate.

5) The Mode of Divorce is Talaq. Is this correct?

P.S. My wife does not have three notices, document for a final decision, or correspondence between two parties which were asked in some of the cases.

Thank you in advance!

junno

Jul 27, 2011
**UC is from Karachi***

Hello,

This a bit complicated case, I hope someone who had been through this situation can provide better guidance. My wife's application for the sponsorship has been delivered but we have not received the AOR yet. It is a second marriage for my wife as she was divorced in 2017 and also, she has a child from the first marriage who is a part of this application.

We have submitted her Divorce deed and Divorce Registration Certificate issued by UC/Nadra as part of the application to prove her divorce. However, recently while going through some blogs and posts we came to know that the Date of Notice for Divorce and Date of Failure of Conciliation should have a gap of 90 days (Idat) period as per the Muslim Family Law Ordinance of 1961 or the visa office would send Procedural Fairness letter. In my wife's Divorce Registration Certificate all three events, Date of Notice, Date of Reconciliation, Date of Failure of Reconciliation, and Date of Divorce Effectiveness have the same date. This is a very common issue with DRC as our UC messes up all the time!

Further, my wife had reissued a Divorce Registration Certificate from UC after our marriage because her surname had spelling mistakes due to which the date of issue is of this year Feb now. We also have provided a letter of explanation for the new DRC.

b. Raise a web form and send them a new certificate with correct dates along with the letter of explanation, putting it as a mistake of UC.

a. Date of Divorce Notice: 29th March 2017 – This is the date on which Divorce Deed was received
b. Date of failure of Reconciliation: Should this date be 90 days after the Divorce Notice?
c. Date of Effectiveness of Divorce: Should this be after 90 days of notice or it has to be the same as of notice?

3) Is there any other document except for DRC and Divorce Deed which they ask for? My wife does not have any other documents for her divorce except for these.

P.S. My wife does not have three notices, document for a final decision, or correspondence between two parties which were asked in some of the cases.

Thank you in advance!
any update on your case

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
The case has been approved by the grace of God.
Did u receive any PFL letter from ircc asking about dates or u got them fixed and sent them . What about 3 reconciliation notices did they ask for that

Bilal721

Dec 19, 2020
I am in the same situation. UC have screwed it up. This is a Talaq case where I have given divorce to my wife on stamped paper.
3 divorce notices which were sent to UC had dates of 24 August, 24 Sept, 24 October.
I am trying to get notices of reconciliation fixed for my case. Can someone tell me the dates that should be mentioned on 3 reconciliation notices that UC sends out?

Also, below are the dates on my certificate. I know I need to get effectiveness date fixed by making it 24 November, 2021. Do I also have to fix the date of failure of conciliation? what should be the new dates?

Date of Notice for Divorce: 24 August, 2021
Date of Failure of Conciliation: 23 -October-2021
Date of Effectiveness of Divorce: 24-October-2021

Entry Date: 24-August-2021
Issue Date: 15-January-2022

Thank you for all your time and help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the same situation. UC have screwed it up. This is a Talaq case where I have given divorce to my wife on stamped paper.
3 divorce notices which were sent to UC had dates of 24 August, 24 Sept, 24 October.
I am trying to get notices of reconciliation fixed for my case. Can someone tell me the dates that should be mentioned on 3 reconciliation notices that UC sends out?

Also, below are the dates on my certificate. I know I need to get effectiveness date fixed by making it 24 November, 2021. Do I also have to fix the date of failure of conciliation? what should be the new dates?

Date of Notice for Divorce: 24 August, 2021
Date of Failure of Conciliation: 23 -October-2021
Date of Effectiveness of Divorce: 24-October-2021

Entry Date: 24-August-2021
Issue Date: 15-January-2022

Thank you for all your time and help.
If both you and your spouse live in Canada you should have applied for a divorce in Canada.

sajidmahars

Sep 29, 2013
Is your application is approved?

**UC is from Karachi***

Hello,

Thank you in advance!