makaroni1

Nov 29, 2017
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all,

I am applying for EE under CEC. I did a 3 year advanced diploma program in Ontario and I have a BBA (distance learning) from my home country, India.
I'd like to know if IRCC will accept my BBA as it is from a distance learning program ?

-Thanks

wajahatid

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-11-2018
Hi all,

I am applying for EE under CEC. I did a 3 year advanced diploma program in Ontario and I have a BBA (distance learning) from my home country, India.
I'd like to know if IRCC will accept my BBA as it is from a distance learning program ?

-Thanks
My qualifications were from distance learning and they have been accepted by WES as you are required to provide equivalency to IRCC from WES or any other education credential assessment body. If they accept and equalize your diploma, IRCC will have no objections in accepting it.

Reactions: shenal

wajahatid

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-11-2018
Dear @wajahatid did u have any difficulties since u don't have Visa Stamped from the distance learning country?

Thank you In advance
No, I just mentioned my home country under country of stay in the application, did not fac not a single issue.

Last edited:

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hi all,

-Thanks

Hi, I am not exactly sure, but somewhere I read that no problem IRCC will honor your distance learning degree after you go for WES equalization but I think it will not give you points related to "studies IN Canada".

The onus is you are physically present / IN Canada

See below

4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?
Note: to answer yes:

• English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months

Reactions: shenal