+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disputed Foreign Worker

John999Smith

Mar 23, 2020
My employment for 15 years as a skilled professIonal was terminated without cause or reason in the Fall of 2019. My previous two evaluations were “exceeds” and so the decision was likely personal rather than professional. My employer has offered to write me a good reference. The job was subsequently advertised several times, to which I applied without any reply, and I understand that the employer has now offered the position to someone from Europe. I would argue that I am a Canadian that is perfectly able to accomplish the job, and so employing a non-Canadian is inappropriate. Does this sound reasonable and, if so, how do I go about disputing an LMIA application? Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My employment for 15 years as a skilled professIonal was terminated without cause or reason in the Fall of 2019. My previous two evaluations were “exceeds” and so the decision was likely personal rather than professional. My employer has offered to write me a good reference. The job was subsequently advertised several times, to which I applied without any reply, and I understand that the employer has now offered the position to someone from Europe. I would argue that I am a Canadian that is perfectly able to accomplish the job, and so employing a non-Canadian is inappropriate. Does this sound reasonable and, if so, how do I go about disputing an LMIA application? Thank you.
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/fraud.html