+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discussion on Masters program in Computer Science / Computer Engineering

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,

I am opening this thread to have discussion on admissions/ Visa related to Mater of Science (MSc) or Master of Engineering (MEng) in Computer.
I am applying to below universities and the related programs for Fall 2020 admissions. If you have also applied the same, then let's connect here.

1. Simon Fraser University - Professional Master (MSc) in Big Data
2. Simon Fraser University - MEng
3. University of Ottawa - MEng
4. Carleton University - MEng
5. Western University - MSc

Also couple of more in my list but I will wait for response from these universities first.

Thanks!

ishmeetsingh

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,
I have applied in pretty much same places and have some doubts regarding some universities.
I applied to these :
1. University of Ottawa (MCS in Applied AI)
2. Carleton University (MS in CS
3. Simon Fraser University (MSC big data)

In UOttawa, my status is in second evaluation. Does anybody know what does that mean?
In SFU, when I click on application status in the portal, I get no information about whether the application is under evaluation or anything. Is it same with everyone?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello,

I am opening this thread to have discussion on admissions/ Visa related to Mater of Science (MSc) or Master of Engineering (MEng) in Computer.
I am applying to below universities and the related programs for Fall 2020 admissions. If you have also applied the same, then let's connect here.

Also couple of more in my list but I will wait for response from these universities first.

Thanks!
University of Victoria - MEng here

Any reason why you did not apply to UBC MDS?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Applied to UBC MDS, fingers cross. I have also applied to uVic MADS, which I think started last year only. Any idea how is the program?
I dunno about MADS, I applied to MITS but I was looking to graduates from the MITS on LinkedIn and seems like most if not all are doing well, Deloitte, etc. I imagine its the same for your program as well.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I dunno about MADS, I applied to MITS but I was looking to graduates from the MITS on LinkedIn and seems like most if not all are doing well, Deloitte, etc. I imagine its the same for your program as well.
Well... I looked for profiles on LinkedIn for folks who did MADS are employed doing some quality data science work but unfortunately I couldn't come across much. Then I figured out that 1st batch is yet to come out and I have applied out to be on 2nd batch. There is no or very little information available about this program on internet.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well... I looked for profiles on LinkedIn for folks who did MADS are employed doing some quality data science work but unfortunately I couldn't come across much. Then I figured out that 1st batch is yet to come out and I have applied out to be on 2nd batch. There is no or very little information available about this program on internet.
I think the program is new that's why but UVictoria is top 3 unis in BC with UBC and SFU so I wouldn't worry

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hi,
I have applied in pretty much same places and have some doubts regarding some universities.
I applied to these :
1. University of Ottawa (MCS in Applied AI)
2. Carleton University (MS in CS
3. Simon Fraser University (MSC big data)

In UOttawa, my status is in second evaluation. Does anybody know what does that mean?
In SFU, when I click on application status in the portal, I get no information about whether the application is under evaluation or anything. Is it same with everyone?
Has your status changed from Second Evaluation to further for UoOttawa, my status also got changed to Second Evaluation same AI program

Nov 19, 2019
Hey. I have applied to LakeHead University Thunder Bay campus in the MS Computer Science (Applied Course) and Brock University Thesis Based MS Computer Science.

Do you recommend me to apply to one of these universities too if the acceptance ratio is good? Open to suggestions.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey. I have applied to LakeHead University Thunder Bay campus in the MS Computer Science (Applied Course) and Brock University Thesis Based MS Computer Science.

Do you recommend me to apply to one of these universities too if the acceptance ratio is good? Open to suggestions.
Most deadlines for internationals were Feb 1st

pezhumal

Mar 4, 2020
Hello,

Thanks!

I have also applied for Simon Fraser's Big Data program, did you get any updates for the application. But, I am not able to see any progress mentioned in the application portal, is it the same for you?