04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hi guys,
I am asking this question for a friend of mine. She is in her late 30s, and she wants to apparently initiate the Canadian immigration process. The problem here is that while she has everything else ready and in order, the dates on her birth certificates/passport do not line up with the dates on her educational documents. In other words, the dates on her degrees are apparently wrong, for some reason- they basically have her graduating from college about five years before she actually graduated.
The question now is, is this going to be any problem? The dates everywhere else on her documents, including her passport and birth certificate, as well as her professional documents, are consistent. But will the wrong dates on the degrees cause issues for her immigration application, as well as for her ECAs, if she gets any?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
dan_and said:
A discrepancy of five years is pretty huge. I think that is certainly something that should be corrected and/or explained.

I didn't fully understand what the issue was though:

a) The education docs just have her birthday wrong? So it says her name and a wrong birthday?

b) The education docs show an incorrect graduation date?

I other words, which dates are wrong exactly?
They show an incorrect graduation date. She's tried to have them corrected, but she went to government schools and colleges in India which don't maintain very many records, so she's been running into some problems.