+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

discrepancies on profile before and after ITA / eAPR

daveB1987

Nov 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

first of all thanks a lot, this forum has been extremely helpful in my process of applying for PR on CEC

I received ITA on September 6 , and I have 20 days left to submit and I'm currently gathering all papers and translations

I have 2 big doubts on which I would need clarification from the amazing experts here :)

2. discrepancies between Express entry before and after ITA, am I risking refusal?

a- when entering the pool to get ITA , I gave different informations regarding my partner work
history than the ones i'm putting for e APR. Basically, I declared that his noc was Barista (D )
and that he started working on March 2017. In e-apr I'm declaring that he started working in
November 2016 and that his noc is bartender (C). the reason is that when we got reference
letter from his employer, we discovered his Noc was Bartender and not Barista because his
mansions and duties changed over time, he kinda got promoted. Before ITA i declared March
because that's when his contract changed from part time to full time. We're not claiming
points for his experience , cause is noc C and D , we're just giving this info for completeness I'm main applicant in CEC under Noc B.

b. CELPIP : before ITA i declared that we took CELPIP -G and put our score. but after
checking online, since we took test in 2017, looks like we actually took CELPIP general 2014
? So that's what I am selecting now . will it be an isssue?

I really hope you guys can help me on this, it would be a huge relief to get your expert opinion on this

kind regards and many thanks

you guys rock :)

Last edited:

daveB1987

Nov 19, 2017
edited the post to make it shorter, realized I might have written too much sorry :)

again, every help or opinion would be much appreciated

rocco012

Oct 23, 2017
If any change make difference in crs score for sure they are gonna reject it.
If noc matches with the current reference letter duties.. you will be fine
otherwise dont risk it.
If you didn't get invitation bases on your current information dont apply it

daveB1987

Nov 19, 2017
Hi Rocco,

thanks for replying!

I didn't claim any point for my partner canadian work since I declared noc D for his experience and it was less than 1 year , so it didn't affect CRS at all

I am main applicant on NOC B and I just got points for my partner education and English test ( for which I have ECA and CELPIP )

I gave his work history ust for completeness of info

thanks!

rocco012

Oct 23, 2017
If you didnt cliam points you should put the work in personal history.
if your CELPIP certificate is not expired yet. then there is no issue.
otherwise you need new one.

daveB1987

Nov 19, 2017
I see... so in e APR I should declare he has no work history ( since I'm not claiming point for it ) so no document upload is required on that field , and just mention it in personal history
do you think it's gonna be ok not to mention it in e APR since I declared that work experience in Express entry ? true, I didn't get any point for that

I could mention it in the letter of explanation

yes CELPIP still valid , took it on august 2017 :)

thanks again!

rocco012

Oct 23, 2017
Points matters only.
they will know either way only difference is you need to put reference letter for the job if you mention on work history.

Raj11132428

Apr 16, 2018
Pune
Kindly some help me please , DID ANYONE COME ACROSS SIMILAR SITUATION

I received my ITA on April 11th, 2018. During the submission of my express entry profile , under the IELTS Test RESULT DATE section i entered March 14th,2018 because my Test report form had that date but in that test report form my nationality was printed wrong so by now i received a new Test report form with the printed date below as April 10th,2018. Should i change the dates to April 10th, 2018 during the submission of my E-par profile or decline it?

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Kindly some help me please , DID ANYONE COME ACROSS SIMILAR SITUATION

I received my ITA on April 11th, 2018. During the submission of my express entry profile , under the IELTS Test RESULT DATE section i entered March 14th,2018 because my Test report form had that date but in that test report form my nationality was printed wrong so by now i received a new Test report form with the printed date below as April 10th,2018. Should i change the dates to April 10th, 2018 during the submission of my E-par profile or decline it?
Hi,

You have two options.
1. Update your profile with new IELTS report number and submit it. Here am not sure whether both report has same IELTS report number or different number? However you can provide in your explanation letter as IELTS made mistake on your initial report and corrected it in latest report. Luckily you received IELTS report prior to your ITA date. Hence no issue with creating with PR application and provide LOE for IELTS report.
2. Decline and recreate with new IELTS and wait for next draw.

Experts please your opinion.

andry

Apr 21, 2018
Kinda similar story here except I claimed points before ITA for my non-canadian experience but now I see that proofing it would be really troublesome so I decided it avoid using it in my ITA application. Other thing is I was eligible for both CEC and Skilled worker (I was chosen for CEC). But, if I remove my non-canadian experience I will no longer be eligible for skilled worker.

Do you think I should decline the invitation and get into the pool again or can I apply it? My understanding is, you can change you application but you should apply only if your new score is higher than that's round of invitation. I have enough points in two cases and I'm still eligible for CEC. I don't mind playing it safe and declining the application ((which I'm thinking of right now)) but I wonder if anyone was in the similar position?

sysadmin141

Jul 18, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi friends, I'm claiming points for my Masters degree which was in 2014. My bachelors degree was in 2004 and obviously over 10 years ago. Since my personal history is about the last 10 years, I hope it's not wrong to leave the bachelors degree out of my application completely?

andry

Apr 21, 2018
Kinda similar story here except I claimed points before ITA for my non-canadian experience but now I see that proofing it would be really troublesome so I decided it avoid using it in my ITA application. Other thing is I was eligible for both CEC and Skilled worker (I was chosen for CEC). But, if I remove my non-canadian experience I will no longer be eligible for skilled worker.

Do you think I should decline the invitation and get into the pool again or can I apply it? My understanding is, you can change you application but you should apply only if your new score is higher than that's round of invitation. I have enough points in two cases and I'm still eligible for CEC. I don't mind playing it safe and declining the application ((which I'm thinking of right now)) but I wonder if anyone was in the similar position?
Just quick update: decided not to take the risk and withdraw my application, fixed the discrepancy and reapplied. Was chosen second time for both Class Experience and Federal Skilled worker (seems like Canadian experience works for both programs). Got my PR. Honestly, I don't think it's necessary to withdraw the application but I didn't wanted to risk it.

Also, there were no questions about the withdrawn application (I specified old application number in the new one - in the section "Have you ever applied for PR ... Express Entry number ...."). Hope it helps, good luck!