13-05-2014
Alurra71 said:
*throws her popcorn bowl on the floor*

well damn!!!

:D
too funny!!!

MissThea

May 13, 2014
:)Well, I'm glad to have provided some of you with hilarity--twelve pages of it, no less!
I didn't realize I had such a talent to turn a sad story into a joke. Look out, Carlin, here comes Thea!

As to my truthfullness, every damn thing I said was true--my blindness, mental illness, the synesthesia that makes me perhaps less capable of being touch-deprived than some. Whatever.
But twelve pages of hilarity? Holy crap!
Whoever said I came to the worst place possible for help was right.
Yes, my question was answered, but I'd hoped to find a community which is why I revealed so much about myself.
Speaking of revelation: whoever went right out and 'outted'' me, how'd you do it?
How'd you find me?
I looked for me and couldn't find all the crap you said you found!
I even found a person with my exact name who had an inspirational story to tell about a Czech delegate who became a Christian during the era of Communism.
Not me. Never met such a person, nor am I that person.
Come on, inquiring minds want to know! How DID you find out about the partner I had in 2012? Come on. Out with it!
I've been searching on the net for me for hours and can't apparently work the same magic, but then, I suppose I'm a lesser mortal than you.
So, how 'bout it? Spill. ::)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It would be a REALLY GOOD IDEA if nobody answers that in "open forum".

@ Miss Thea, your Internet visibility is much, much, higher than you think.
The cat is now out of whatever bag it may, or may not, have been in.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
zardoz said:
@ Miss Thea, your Internet visibility is much, much, higher than you think.
The cat is now out of whatever bag it may, or may not, have been in.
Yeah - I agree with zardoz. It's incredibly easy to find tons of information about you and your personal history online. I found the bit about your partner on the first page of my search results. Didn't even have to try.

If you haven't done so already, I would go back and edit your posts to remove your full name from this forum. You might also want to remove personal details about your past from any of your posts here. At least that's what I would do...

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
MissThea said:
:)Well, I'm glad to have provided some of you with hilarity--twelve pages of it, no less!
I didn't realize I had such a talent to turn a sad story into a joke. Look out, Carlin, here comes Thea!

As to my truthfullness, every damn thing I said was true--my blindness, mental illness, the synesthesia that makes me perhaps less capable of being touch-deprived than some. Whatever.
But twelve pages of hilarity? Holy crap!
Whoever said I came to the worst place possible for help was right.
Yes, my question was answered, but I'd hoped to find a community which is why I revealed so much about myself.
Speaking of revelation: whoever went right out and 'outted'' me, how'd you do it?
How'd you find me?
I looked for me and couldn't find all the crap you said you found!
I even found a person with my exact name who had an inspirational story to tell about a Czech delegate who became a Christian during the era of Communism.
Not me. Never met such a person, nor am I that person.
Come on, inquiring minds want to know! How DID you find out about the partner I had in 2012? Come on. Out with it!
I've been searching on the net for me for hours and can't apparently work the same magic, but then, I suppose I'm a lesser mortal than you.
So, how 'bout it? Spill. ::)
Check your inbox.

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
Miss Thea, I have some sensory issues and one of them is Hypo-tactility. I need a weighted blanket to fall asleep and the pressure helps me relax.
I'm not sure if your craving for "touch" is similar to mine and weighted blankets are a little bit pricey but I'd recommend you to look into it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MissThea said:
This is a community for those who are dealing with immigration matters. Don't take this the wrong way but it is not a support group for people who want to talk about fur voices and how much they need to be touched.

As zardoz said, your internet visibility much higher than you think. I also found that info within a matter of minutes.

M

mikeymyke

Regardless of whether you felt this group of people was helpful or harmful to you, you can't deny that if everyone had been supportive of your decision to try to sponsor Eugene, you probably would've not only continued to send him money, but also even attempt to sponsor him.

Personally, I think not just this group of members, but also this entire forum in general, are a very supportive group. There are many times where I encounter a situation where I feel someone is either being duped or is having a marriage of convenience, but this forum usually gives them the benefit of the doubt, supports them 100%, in spite of how bad the situation looks. However in your case, you can see its virtually unanimous that people here feel Eugene is not what he seems to be, and that you're being duped by him. That goes to show you, if even this supportive group of people doesn't agree with your relationship, then something really is amiss. It really wasn't that hard to see how bad Eugene was, common sense says if someone asks you for money from another country, after a brief relationship (and one where both parties haven't even met). And not just asks for money once, but again and again, then chances are good he's not a keeper.

This forum is amazing, full of support and info, full of people who have their own sponsorship stories to share, and willing to help others go through the same experience. If they hadn't helped open your eyes to this, you will be way worse off in the future than now. It's hard to accept criticism sometimes, but you also have to see the difference between helping you and insulting you. You're definitely not in the "wrong place for help" by posting your feelings, it was definitely the right place.

There are many people here who are waiting months or years for their spouses to re-unite with them here, and I can assure you they have a strong stance against marriage fraud or sponsors being duped, so you can't blame them for trying to stop someone taking advantage of a fellow Canadian.

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Well said, mikeymike...+1

mikeymyke said:
Regardless of whether you felt this group of people was helpful or harmful to you, you can't deny that if everyone had been supportive of your decision to try to sponsor Eugene, you probably would've not only continued to send him money, but also even attempt to sponsor him.

Personally, I think not just this group of members, but also this entire forum in general, are a very supportive group. There are many times where I encounter a situation where I feel someone is either being duped or is having a marriage of convenience, but this forum usually gives them the benefit of the doubt, supports them 100%, in spite of how bad the situation looks. However in your case, you can see its virtually unanimous that people here feel Eugene is not what he seems to be, and that you're being duped by him. That goes to show you, if even this supportive group of people doesn't agree with your relationship, then something really is amiss. It really wasn't that hard to see how bad Eugene was, common sense says if someone asks you for money from another country, after a brief relationship (and one where both parties haven't even met). And not just asks for money once, but again and again, then chances are good he's not a keeper.

This forum is amazing, full of support and info, full of people who have their own sponsorship stories to share, and willing to help others go through the same experience. If they hadn't helped open your eyes to this, you will be way worse off in the future than now. It's hard to accept criticism sometimes, but you also have to see the difference between helping you and insulting you. You're definitely not in the "wrong place for help" by posting your feelings, it was definitely the right place.

There are many people here who are waiting months or years for their spouses to re-unite with them here, and I can assure you they have a strong stance against marriage fraud or sponsors being duped, so you can't blame them for trying to stop someone taking advantage of a fellow Canadian.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
mikeymyke said:

+ 1 I agree with everything you said . She's at the right place . She should just chill and move on .thats all . I don't care abt her Internet visibility . She's got all the help she needed. If she continue to share any more info it should be allowed . Let tolerate others even if we think she's not posting immigration issues . Let not brush her off or kick her iut just like that . She talks abt development with Eugene and that's ok . After all no one get charged each time she post on here so it simple do not respond if you aren't intrested . At least she's better than the Indian astrologist and spell casters right ? Lol anyways I agree with you and everything am saying is not directed at you but a general statement . How are you and wifey ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
You are quite correct mikeymike on your posting and assessment. This is a place where people can go get help on immigration issues where they are at their wit's ends with CIC BS. They get a hell a lot more information through this forum than probably anywhere else including immigration lawyers.

For the two side of the coin regarding this thread.

1. For Missthea's part, she came to this forum and gotten the information she needed to know. It took a bit of convincing that she was being duped by this guy for money. But there is such a thing as "TOO MUCH INFORMATION". Stuff we really didn't need to know. She should have erred on her part in keeping personal information to herself. What she does on her own time is no one else's business but her own. By divulging too much personal info, she has made herself vulnerable, such as using her real name. She also should have just came straight to the point instead of drawn out essays of her issues. Whether she wanted our advice or not, our opinion or not, that's her prerogative. We should leave it as that.

2. Forum members part. As members of the forum, we accepted that we provide as much accurate information as we can possibly provide to the best of our knowledge, experiences and known facts. However we must conduct ourselves in a professional manner whenever possible. This include allowing the posters some leeway in expressing their thoughts even if it is totally unrelated to immigration, as much as we can tolerant. Remember emotions can run high due to stress and frustration. We should remain tactful in reminding others that they should try to keep their postings on immigration related matters whenever possible.

That's my thought on how I saw this thread came about.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
screech339 said:
You are quite correct mikeymike on your posting and assessment. This is a place where people can go get help on immigration issues where they are at their wit's ends with CIC BS. They get a hell a lot more information through this forum than probably anywhere else including immigration lawyers.

For the two side of the coin regarding this thread.

1. For Missthea's part, she came to this forum and gotten the information she needed to know. It took a bit of convincing that she was being duped by this guy for money. But there is such a thing as "TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Stuff we really didn't need to know. She should have erred on her part in keeping personal information to herself. What she does on her own time is no one else's business but her own. By divulging too much personal info, she has made herself vulnerable, such as using her real name. She also should have just came straight to the point instead of drawn out essays of her issues. Whether she wanted our advice or not, our opinion or not, that's her prerogative. We should leave it as that.

2. Forum members part. As members of the forum, we accepted that we provide as much accurate information as we can possibly provide to the best of our knowledge, experiences and known facts. However we must conduct ourselves in a professional manner whenever possible. This include allowing the posters some leeway in expressing their thoughts even if it is totally unrelated to immigration, as much as we can tolerant. Remember emotions can run high due to stress and frustration. We should remain tactful in reminding others that they should try to keep their postings on immigration related matters whenever possible.

That's my thought on how I saw this thread came about.
yeah you said it all and you r so right

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
its 2019 and this thread is shocking.
I found my way to this thread last week on vacation. I had to read through the full 12 pages, it was such a crazy story! I'm back in Canada now and having watched a vice doc on this particular issue in some African countries, MissThea got away much earlier than some. There are women (and men) who have given millions and had their identities stolen and are now in financial ruin. Just terrible.

Reactions: Canadianguy1989