+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disabled Sister-Sponsorship-H&C

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
I read his reply. That's why I said we repeatly said that. If you look back the past few pages, more than 1 memeber already provided the same information.

I did not REPEAT myself.
ok never mind may be my mistake as I said I overwhelmed with emotions. But thank you all for sharing your knowledge & views. Every piece of information from everyone matters. Just trying to stay positive in these circumstances before I see lawyer for advice.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
It depends on the medical exam and the assessment.
And I don't believe that 60% plus people in 50s has diabetes, B.P & thyroid ..... Where did you get this information?
Well I am not an expert OR if it is based on any source of data. I am just looking around people with same age group. the reason I am looking for answers here. Thanks for clarifying my false hopes.
In this case even if we meet LICO application would still be refused on grounds of inadmissibility due to medical. I feel sorry & worry for my sister than I do for my parents. what a bad luck!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well I am not an expert OR if it is based on any source of data. I am just looking around people with same age group. the reason I am looking for answers here. Thanks for clarifying my false hopes.
In this case even if we meet LICO application would still be refused on grounds of inadmissibility due to medical. I feel sorry & worry for my sister than I do for my parents. what a bad luck!
If anyone fails the medical then no one gets PR. Doesn’t matter if you meet LICO. LICO is just the first step. How long have you been PR, and how many are in your family including any children and spouse?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately I agree too but after my parents death in future there will be no one to care for her in home country. She cannot speak properly to tell us how she is being treated as she was mistreated looking at her condition when once we had to leave her in other's care in compulsion as my father was in emergency due severe head injury & my mother has to stay with him as we all were very young.
I am not relying on any caregiver as she is not 100% dependent. She can stay home with my other kid & mother in law

No. I would not need all this. I would not need a caregiver at all. She is not 100% dependent. She can stay at home with my other kid & mother/mother in law. She still stays home. My mother can go out for few hours if needed ensuring a secure environment around as she understands this thing by now with little training or sometimes she would take her with her. She does not need assistance in like everything. She can feed herself with little mess. she can dress herself, may be not properly/perfectly. yeh it's nice to have a break which we could get in our home country even now. But we chose not to have it because it would be worthless without having peace of mind the reason I did not leave my own kid at daycare & I get a break with the help of other members. Same is the case for her. If my parents are here with her they can take care of her until they have good health. Diabetes, b.p & thyroid are very common now a days in age group of 50-60years. They are doing well until now. Sometimes when they get sick, for that time & After them I am prepared to do it myself as it's not a as hard as it might seem to you.
we will fulfil the income requirement. Would there be any other we would need ?
The plan for the MIL to care for your sister while on a supervisa probably won’t be an acceptable plan because your MIL shouldn’t be working in Canada and there are no guarantees she will be able to remain in Canada on a supervisa and she also could develop health issues at her age. If your sister has the mental age of a 5 year old you can’t legally leave her at home alone. That would be grounds for being charged with neglect if ever discovered. If she would be unable to tell you if someone is harming her then how could she be able to be left at home alone? Your parents are also relatively young at 50-60
are they retired? They must be in decent health at their age which would likely be considered if you ever filed an H&C claim.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Total 5 of us now including me, spouse, our kid & in laws on super visa.
For parents PR application it would be 8 of us to meet on LICO.
Does parents gets off your financial responsibility when super visa expires after 10 years.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It depends on the medical exam and the assessment.
And I don't believe that 60% plus people in 50s has diabetes, B.P & thyroid ..... Where did you get this information?

This

All my friends, and myself included are in that demographic. And none of us have any of these ailments
Then I checked three of my siblings. Once again all in that demographic. None have any of these .
But my siblings and I are very active . Do not drink . And all exercise harder than a whore working at a rodeo , everyday .
It’s how you live your life

Check your research

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does parents gets off your financial responsibility when super visa expires after 10 years.
Supervisa doesn’t come with a financial responsibility because it is a visitor visa and doesn’t count for family size but there also isn’t a guaranteed stay. You must qualify and pay for supervisa insurance every year. If you ever a major health issue then obtaining supervisa insurance will be difficult/expensive or impossible in some cases. If you can’t pay for or obtain supervisa insurance you are expected to return home. Your stay is also limited and currently are expected to return home at a certain point 2-5 (with a possible 2 year extension) depending on when your in-laws entered Canada. A supervisa does not allow you to move to Canada just visit. After a long period in Canada you are expected to return home and reestablish your ties to your home country before trying to visit Canada again.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
The plan for the MIL to care for your sister while on a supervisa probably won’t be an acceptable plan because your MIL shouldn’t be working in Canada and there are no guarantees she will be able to remain in Canada on a supervisa and she also could develop health issues at her age. If your sister has the mental age of a 5 year old you can’t legally leave her at home alone. That would be grounds for being charged with neglect if ever discovered. If she would be unable to tell you if someone is harming her then how could she be able to be left at home alone? Your parents are also relatively young at 50-60
are they retired? They must be in decent health at their age which would likely be considered if you ever filed an H&C claim.
Mother is actually 62 now & father is 66 now. Yes, my father is retired from Govt job & mother was always a home maker. Can they claim H&C from outside Canada? on what grounds? They cannot leave my sister there even if they have super visa.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Supervisa doesn’t come with a financial responsibility because it is a visitor visa and doesn’t count for family size but there also isn’t a guaranteed stay. You must qualify and pay for supervisa insurance every year. If you ever a major health issue then obtaining supervisa insurance will be difficult/expensive or impossible in some cases. If you can’t pay for or obtain supervisa insurance you are expected to return home. Your stay is also limited and currently are expected to return home at a certain point 2-5 (with a possible 2 year extension) depending on when your in-laws entered Canada. A supervisa does not allow you to move to Canada just visit. After a long period in Canada you are expected to return home and reestablish your ties to your home country before trying to visit Canada again.
No. My in laws will definitely return. What I am trying to ask is I meet LICO if by luck I ever gets invited to apply for my parents, do I only have to show income for my family(me, my spouse, one kid) & my being sponsored parents with dependent ? I thought as we have signed invitation letter for super visa saying we will bear all financial responsibility for my in law parents, IRCC would count them as family for LICO

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Mother is actually 62 now & father is 66 now. Yes, my father is retired from Govt job & mother was always a home maker. Can they claim H&C from outside Canada? on what grounds? They cannot leave my sister there even if they have super visa.
They cannon claim H&C from outside Canada. What are their reasons for H&C (believe they would experience unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship if they were required to leave Canada). What are their hardships if they leave Canada? Your sister is not a citizen and doesn’t live in Canada so that is not a reason.

A H&C claim would take years and your sister probably would never come to Canada.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
They cannon claim H&C from outside Canada. What are their reasons for H&C (believe they would experience unusual and undeserved or disproportionate hardship if they were required to leave Canada). What are their hardships if they leave Canada? Your sister is not a citizen and doesn’t live in Canada so that is not a reason.

A H&C claim would take years and your sister probably would never come to Canada.
I did not say that they can. I am asking/replying as @canuck78 said. It's really confusing one person says they can & when you ask them, other says they can't

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I did not say that they can. I am asking/replying as @canuck78 said. It's really confusing one person says they can & when you ask them, other says they can't
Well, yes they can if they can all travel to Canada (which so far seems unlikley for your sister to get TRV ).
And if they all come to Canada, they "can" apply but can apply doesn't mean will be approved. It depends on the reason behind H&C.

And it usually refers to hardship if they are removed from Canada (usually .. are ppl who lived in Canada for a while and have established life here.. many of those have tried to apply as refugees)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no financial responsibility with a super visa.

If you sponsor your parents for PR, you will be financially responsible for them for 20 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your parents need to be physically in Canada to submit a PR application under H&C and would need to remain in Canada while the application is processed. Plan on around 2 years to process the application.