File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately I agree too but after my parents death in future there will be no one to care for her in home country. She cannot speak properly to tell us how she is being treated as she was mistreated looking at her condition when once we had to leave her in other's care in compulsion as my father was in emergency due severe head injury & my mother has to stay with him as we all were very young.
I am not relying on any caregiver as she is not 100% dependent. She can stay home with my other kid & mother in law

No. I would not need all this. I would not need a caregiver at all. She is not 100% dependent. She can stay at home with my other kid & mother/mother in law. She still stays home. My mother can go out for few hours if needed ensuring a secure environment around as she understands this thing by now with little training or sometimes she would take her with her. She does not need assistance in like everything. She can feed herself with little mess. she can dress herself, may be not properly/perfectly. yeh it's nice to have a break which we could get in our home country even now. But we chose not to have it because it would be worthless without having peace of mind the reason I did not leave my own kid at daycare & I get a break with the help of other members. Same is the case for her. If my parents are here with her they can take care of her until they have good health. Diabetes, b.p & thyroid are very common now a days in age group of 50-60years. They are doing well until now. Sometimes when they get sick, for that time & After them I am prepared to do it myself as it's not a as hard as it might seem to you.
we will fulfil the income requirement. Would there be any other we would need ?
Are you asking about PR sponsorship?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ya I had the same doubt. But if we are adding sister as dependent on PR, parents financial background still does not matter? I understand that sponsor would be responsible to show income for all three of them including his own family in Canada. But just as plus on side or it does not make a differenec at all?
PR and TRVs are different programs. For PR, you need to meet LICO for the number of people in your family including your spouse and children for at least 3 years. They need to selected in the lottery, and all must pass the medical. If one doesn’t pass, no one gets PR. Do you meet LICO for the number of people in your family and for at least 3 years.

TRV - your sister has to show her own ties to return.

Is your mother-in-law in Canada on a supervisa? Read in another post about you looking at a family member claiming asylum on a super visa so not sure what you are trying to do. Who is claiming asylum and why?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-issue-super-visa-and-wanting-to-apply-for-refugee.647591/page-2#post-10559226

AmyRay said:
Thanks. I am just very worried.
What if the IRB member says that since u r on super visa u can exit and enter the country again after 2 yrs. Why r u filing for refugee then. The thing is super visa is a temporary status at the end of the day. I also know that once a refugee claim is denied u r deported and forever barred from entering canada unless u get an ARC. The whole situation is very worrying.
Do u know of any successful refugee claimants who came thru super visa?
hi there, We are in similar situation. Please advise me if you get an success & how. I am too worried about my family in home country. Please please please reply

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: YVR123

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
PR and TRVs are different programs. For PR, you need to meet LICO for the number of people in your family including your spouse and children for at least 3 years. They need to selected in the lottery, and all must pass the medical. If one doesn’t pass, no one gets PR. Do you meet LICO for the number of people in your family and for at least 3 years.

TRV - your sister has to show her own ties to return.

Is your mother-in-law in Canada on a supervisa? Read in another post about you looking at a family member claiming asylum on a super visa so not sure what you are trying to do. Who is claiming asylum and why?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-issue-super-visa-and-wanting-to-apply-for-refugee.647591/page-2#post-10559226

hi there, We are in similar situation. Please advise me if you get an success & how. I am too worried about my family in home country. Please please please reply
yes my mother in law is on super visa. I am just trying to find a way. Overwhelmed with lot of thoughts.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Parents financial background doesn't matter for a PR application. What matters for the PR application is that either you or your brother show you earn enough income in Canada to meet LICO.

Your sister cannot be a dependent in your parents' super visa application.

For the TRV application, she needs to show ties to her home country which would include financials. She can show your parents' financials since she doesn't have her own. However this is not a very strong tie. You can show your income as well. However what IRCC will ultimately be looking for is for your sister to show she has ties to her home country, is only coming to Canada for a short visit, and has no plans on remaining here long term.
TRV is out of question now as we cannot show ties when parents already have super visa. I am only talking about PR which I think will be the only option after TRV. We will meet LICO requirement. But does parents gets inadmissible for sponsorship if one parent have health conditions like diabetes, B.P & thyroid which is very common now a days in every 6 or 7 out of 10 might have in age group of 50-60 years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
TRV is out of question now as we cannot show ties when parents already have super visa. I am only talking about PR which I think will be the only option after TRV. We will meet LICO requirement. But does parents gets inadmissible for sponsorship if one parent have health conditions like diabetes, B.P & thyroid which is very common now a days in every 6 or 7 out of 10 might have in age group of 50-60 years.
FYI, your parents (and sister) have to be selected in the lottery for PR. It is not just about LICO. Current requirements including LICO have not been announced. Assume you have been PR for at least 3 years meeting LICO for those years to even be eligible. During the medicals, if one person fails and is inadmissible, all are inadmissible. Your sister has to pass the medical too, and show that she will not be a burden on the health care system. Panel physicians look not only current care but future care.

Asylum is only an option if there is persecution in your home country. You will need proof of persecution - police reports, medical reports, emails, letters. Show that your family members have moved within the country to get away from the abuse they are receiving.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The requirements for PR sponsorship are:

- You or your brother need to meet LICO for the last three years (and have the CRA NOAs to prove this) and enter the lottery
- You need to be selected through the lottery as a sponsor
- Your parents must not be medically inadmissible (i.e. excessive demand)
- You must provide sufficient documentation for IRCC to agree that your sister should be classified as a dependent in your parents' application
- Your sister must not be medically inadmissible (i.e. excessive demand)
- You or your brother (whoever is the sponsor) must continue to meet LICO while the application is processed

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
FYI, your parents (and sister) have to be selected in the lottery for PR. It is not just about LICO. Current requirements including LICO have not been announced. Assume you have been PR for at least 3 years meeting LICO for those years to even be eligible. During the medicals, if one person fails and is inadmissible, all are inadmissible. Panel physicians look not only current care but future care.

Asylum is only an option if there is persecution in your home country. You will need proof of persecution - police reports, medical reports, emails, letters. Show that your family members have moved within the country to get away from the abuse they are receiving.
I understand it is a lottery system but could you help me understand more about it. Also is LICO family income OR just sponsor's income ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I understand it is a lottery system but could you help me understand more about it. Also is LICO family income OR just sponsor's income ?
Only your spouse's income can be included towards LICO qualification. She would also have to be responsible for your parents and sister if her income is included in the income qualifications. But your brother's income cannot be included. So it also applies for your brother if he qualifies for LICO and can include his spouse's income to meet LICO qualification. Again as mentioned before, only you or your brother can apply to sponsor your parents and sister. You can both submit a request for lottery. If by chance, both of you were picked, you will have to decide who will go ahead with the PR sponsorship.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It depends on the medical exam and the assessment.
And I don't believe that 60% plus people in 50s has diabetes, B.P & thyroid ..... Where did you get this information?

Reactions: Kaibigan and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14
@scylla Please check above link it says sponsor & co signer if have any for parents sponsorship application must proof income requirement.
Just for the clarity Who could the co signer here, the spouse only. so that will be family income for a sponsor as I understand it.
There can be a co-signer who is either the sponsor's spouse or common law partner. So this means that you could combine your income with your spouse's to meet LICO for the past 3 years. Both of you would need to provide your CRA NOAs for the last three years in this case. You cannot combine your income with your brother's.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14
@scylla Please check above link it says sponsor & co signer if have any for parents sponsorship application must proof income requirement.
Just for the clarity Who could the co signer here, the spouse only. so that will be family income for a sponsor as I understand it.
We have repeatly said that ONLY spouse or common law partner of the sponsor can cosign.
So either you and your spouse OR your brother and his spouse income can be count as "family income".

In IRCC terminology, you and your brother are NOT part of an immediate family.

As co signer, you need to let your spouse (same for your brother for his spouse) that regardless of your relationship, he/she will be responsible for a 20 years undertaking of your parents.

Reactions: scylla

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
There can be a co-signer who is either the sponsor's spouse or common law partner. So this means that you could combine your income with your spouse's to meet LICO for the past 3 years. Both of you would need to provide your CRA NOAs for the last three years in this case. You cannot combine your income with your brother's.
thank you :) I think wew can easily meet LICO then

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
We have repeatly said that ONLY spouse or common law partner of the sponsor can cosign.
So either you and your spouse OR your brother and his spouse income can be count as "family income".

In IRCC terminology, you and your brother are NOT part of an immediate family.

As co signer, you need to let your spouse (same for your brother for his spouse) that regardless of your relationship, he/she will be responsible for a 20 years undertaking of your parents.
you are repeating yourself after scylla already answered this before you. As you were unable to read that like me.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
you are repeating yourself after scylla already answered this before you. As you were unable to read that like me.
I read his reply. That's why I said we repeatly said that. If you look back the past few pages, more than 1 memeber already provided the same information.

I did not REPEAT myself.