+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disability Tax Credit - Need Urgent Help

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have applied for my son's Disability Tax Credit and I have received a mail from CRA required for additional details from our Family Physician. They have sent that document to our Family Physician on January 2, 2018. But today only I got the document back from my Family Physician after filling up the details. When I tried to upload the document from my CRA Account it says Reference Number is not valid and when I check the status it says like: "Based on the information we have received, we are unable to determine if you are entitled to claim the disability tax credit for XXXX."

What does it means? Did they closed our File? I am planning to send that document through Speed Post tomorrow with a covering letter explaining why there is a delay. Would that be helpful?

Thanks

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
We are not tax experts, the best answer you can get is if you call CRA directly.

Reactions: jithucan123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My documents had to be sent directly from the family physician so there is no possibility that the documents could be manipulated. Not sure if that may be an issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looking through your previous posts does your son live in Canada? There was discussion that he would return to India with your wife who was not well and there is no mention of her applying for citizenship only you and your eldest son. Not sure whether he would qualify for the program until he lived in Canada or at least the bond part of the program. You should ask an accountant or CRA. Sometimes finding out more info on this program is difficult. They are also getting pretty strict on who qualifies due to a lot of abuse. Also just in case you did apply for child tax benefit you must advise cra as soon as your child moves out of the country or goes away for a long period.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello Guys,

I have applied for my son's Disability Tax Credit and I have received a mail from CRA required for additional details from our Family Physician. They have sent that document to our Family Physician on January 2, 2018. But today only I got the document back from my Family Physician after filling up the details. When I tried to upload the document from my CRA Account it says Reference Number is not valid and when I check the status it says like: "Based on the information we have received, we are unable to determine if you are entitled to claim the disability tax credit for XXXX."

What does it means? Did they closed our File? I am planning to send that document through Speed Post tomorrow with a covering letter explaining why there is a delay. Would that be helpful?

Thanks
Your doctor should be the one to send off the disability tax form after you filled up part A of the form.

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
My documents had to be sent directly from the family physician so there is no possibility that the documents could be manipulated. Not sure if that may be an issue.
Unfortunately, I have sent that document yesterday and it will deliver in the destination by tomorrow. Should I stop the delivery and request Canada Post to return it to me?

Thanks

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Looking through your previous posts does your son live in Canada? There was discussion that he would return to India with your wife who was not well and there is no mention of her applying for citizenship only you and your eldest son. Not sure whether he would qualify for the program until he lived in Canada or at least the bond part of the program. You should ask an accountant or CRA. Sometimes finding out more info on this program is difficult. They are also getting pretty strict on who qualifies due to a lot of abuse. Also just in case you did apply for child tax benefit you must advise cra as soon as your child moves out of the country or goes away for a long period.
Lot of things happened my friend. We thought to move to India in 2015. But I got a job on 2015 September and we drop the plan. We have received a letter from CRA in 2016 as we are randomly selected to prove our residency in Canada to determine the eligibility of Child Care Benefit and we have submitted the required documents and we were cleared. In 2017, my wife got sick and she is Hospitalized since August 2017. So I decided to apply for the Citizenship only for myself and my elder son.

So we are in Canada since 2014 March 4 and never leave Canada since then.

Let us see what happened next.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately, I have sent that document yesterday and it will deliver in the destination by tomorrow. Should I stop the delivery and request Canada Post to return it to me?

Thanks
Too late to stop it. I would have your physician send it in directly as well as the original document if you also sent that one not your physician. Accordimg to my physician sometimes they follow-up with the physician directly when they have questions whether a person is entitled to the tax benefit because it is intended for people who have severe impairments.

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Too late to stop it. I would have your physician send it in directly as well as the original document if you also sent that one not your physician. Accordimg to my physician sometimes they follow-up with the physician directly when they have questions whether a person is entitled to the tax benefit because it is intended for people who have severe impairments.
Okay. So what is next? I assume they will just ignore the document which I have sent to them and May be send a new document to the Physician for filling it and send to them by the Physician. Or do they completely ignore my Application?

Just wondering why my Physician just handed over me the document and told me to send from my end?

Thank You

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Was it sealed? They want you to apply for postage which you should offer to do. Many physicians haven’t filled out many applications. Don’t know why but for fraud prevention documents should come from the doctor’s office. We could be wrong and they just want more information. These decisions aren’t necessarily fast and seems like they needed more information before making a decision.

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Was it sealed? They want you to apply for postage which you should offer to do. Many physicians haven’t filled out many applications. Don’t know why but for fraud prevention documents should come from the doctor’s office. We could be wrong and they just want more information. These decisions aren’t necessarily fast and seems like they needed more information before making a decision.
I sent the document as Express Post and used Canada Post's Envelope.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I meant the form received from your doctor\s office. Do you know what they were asking on that second form? They seem to have accepted the first form unless the 2nd form is similar to the 1st. Hard to tell you what to do. I would probably wait 10-14 business days and call CRA. Not sure they will be helpful depending on who answers the phone. They should be able to tell you if you need more documentaiiton or whether it should come directly from the doctor. You will still have to wait a couple of month to find out if your son qualifies.