+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Direct Work Experience and NOC [Please help]

alexsmith14

Jan 1, 2019
Hi, I recently god laid off after working 7 month for NOC2253 (Drafting Technologist) in the Sheet Metal Industry.

I am now getting an offer for NOC6221 (Technical Sales). The job is in the Sheet Metal Industry.

1. Just to confirm that this is all counted as direct work experience? As my NOC is higher position and is directly related.

2. NOC6221 is among top 100 in demand occupation for BC PNP. Can I claim +10 points for it when I apply for BC PNP after 1 year of experience (in 5 month).

3. Would I need to collect all the documents that are usually needed for BC PNP from both employees or just the last one?

Experts, please advice

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
  1. Just to confirm that this is all counted as direct work experience? As my NOC is higher position and is directly related.
    Sorry, can you rephrase the question, I do not understand what you are asking.
  2. NOC6221 is among top 100 in demand occupation for BC PNP. Can I claim +10 points for it when I apply for BC PNP after 1 year of experience (in 5 month).
    This is the CEC forum. If you have questions about BCPNP, suggest you post them in the PNP forum.

3. Would I need to collect all the documents that are usually needed for BC PNP from both employees or just the last one?
Again, this is the CEC forum. If you have questions about BCPNP, suggest you post them in the PNP forum.

alexsmith14

Jan 1, 2019
Thanks, I will expand on #1

I have 7 month working for NOC2253 in the Sheet Metal Industry, and now have an offer for Technical Sales in the same industry.

Does this mean I only have to work 5 more month to achieve 1 year of direct work experience? (as both NOCS are related)

I've reposted the question into BC PNP forum

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have 7 month working for NOC2253 in the Sheet Metal Industry, and now have an offer for Technical Sales in the same industry.

Does this mean I only have to work 5 more month to achieve 1 year of direct work experience? (as both NOCS are related)
Still not sure what you mean by "direct" (I mean, what is "indirect" work experience?) LOL - in any case -

If the work experience is IN CANADA and you expect to apply for the CEC program, then you can combine different jobs and NOCs to meet the 1 year minimum criterion.

alexsmith14

Jan 1, 2019
Still not sure what you mean by "direct" (I mean, what is "indirect" work experience?) LOL - in any case -

If the work experience is IN CANADA and you expect to apply for the CEC program, then you can combine different jobs and NOCs to meet the 1 year minimum criterion.

My post was deleted from BC PNP threads, so I will explain what I mean by "directly related" work experience here.

Here is the quote from BC PNP guide:

BC PNP defines directly related work experience as full-time or parttime paid employment that is classified under the same NOC code as the B.C. job offer that you have accepted. Experience in a related occupation at a NOC skill level equal to or greater than the NOC code of the B.C. job offer may also be included if you can satisfactorily demonstrate how this work experience is directly related to the job duties outlined in the B.C. job offer
So all I am asking is: will I only need to complete 5 more month to get 1 year of directly related work experience.
In my understanding, my previous NOC and current one are related. Just need someone to confirm this, as I am aiming to combine both experiences for "directly related work experience"