Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.
Exemptions
You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:
a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to to the Schengen country that issued the visa
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)
All visas and residence permits must be valid.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
atzquebec said:
You should apply for a Direct Airside Transit visa if you arrive in the UK on a flight and leave again without passing through immigration control.
Exemptions
You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:
a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to to the Schengen country that issued the visa
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)
All visas and residence permits must be valid.
Reference to the above text from UK Visa government site, can someone please advise if we required a Direct Airside Transit Visa if were to to only Tansit at the London Airport and not go through Immigration. We plan to do our first landing in Canada in April. We have been issued PR Visa already.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
You don't need it on the way to Canada since there will be a Canadian Visa in your ppts.

But on the way back (if returning via UK) the visa will have been used up (single entry), so you may require the DATV, unless you plan to leave Canada AFTER receiving your PR Cards.

Verify this with your travel agent before purchasing tickets

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
canvis2006 said:
You don't need it on the way to Canada since there will be a Canadian Visa in your ppts.

But on the way back (if returning via UK) the visa will have been used up (single entry), so you may require the DATV, unless you plan to leave Canada AFTER receiving your PR Cards.

I didnt think of the single entry part of the visa, because we are planning to stay for only 20 days. Thats a good insight. Thanks.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
canvis2006 said:

Can the stamped COPR be considered as visa for the return journey from Montreal to London and forward flight ?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
atzquebec said:
Can the stamped COPR be considered as visa for the return journey from Montreal to London and forward flight ?
The COPR is not a visa, and it is not a residency permit.
That means NO.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
UK immigration has different rules for different nationalities.Please check directly with UK embassy in your country for the transit visa requirements.

I am a victim of this double standards once travelling to Italy via London :(

Reg.
Q.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
I do have a valid US Visit Visa as well. Therfore do i still need UK Transit Visa for my return trip ?

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Better to travel through 'Paris/Frankfurt', you don't need any transit visa if you have UK/USA visa. You don't need to worry about return flight as you must be going your native country or place of residence for which you already had a visa. I am Pakistan national and travelled to USA/Canada through above routes from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I asked PIA agent and they told me you need UK ATV, so I travelled through above routes. I hope this helps.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
asifmehmood said:
Better to travel through 'Paris/Frankfurt', you don't need any transit visa if you have UK/USA visa. You don't need to worry about return flight as you must be going your native country or place of residence for which you already had a visa. I am Pakistan national and travelled to USA/Canada through above routes from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I asked PIA agent and they told me you need UK ATV, so I travelled through above routes. I hope this helps.
What if i take KLM via Amsterdam ? Will i need a transit visa on route to Canada ?
And what about return trip within 2 weeks (without PR card)
I have a US visit visa, COPR and Single entry Immigrant visa.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Nationals of the following countries need an airport transit visa to change aircraft at an airport in a Schengen country:
Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Congo (Democratic Republic)
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Ghana
Iran
Iraq
Nigeria
Pakistan
Somalia
Sri Lanka

Nationals of the following countries need an airport transit visa to change aircraft at an airport in Belgium, the Netherlands or Luxembourg:
Angola
Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Nepal
Sudan
Syria
South Sudan

Nationals of the following countries need an airport transit visa to change aircraft at an airport in the Netherlands:
Sierra Leone

Source:
https://www.government.nl/topics/visa-for-the-netherlands-and-the-caribbean-parts-of-the-kingdom/documents/publications/2013/11/28/nationals-of-the-following-countries-need-an-airport-transit-visa-to-change-aircraft-at-an-airport-in-a-schengen-country

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Hi.
I'm planning to fly to Canada from srilanka, with London transit of 23 hrs. According to the gov of UK website, I need to get a visitor in transit visa. Has anybody applied for this? Can you please help me.. (how to apply and what are the documents needed).
TIA

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Faa1599 said:
Hi.
I'm planning to fly to Canada from srilanka, with London transit of 23 hrs. According to the gov of UK website, I need to get a visitor in transit visa. Has anybody applied for this? Can you please help me.. (how to apply and what are the documents needed).
TIA
https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/overview

annpeppa

Nov 24, 2015

Hi, I have booked my tickets in Sri Lankan Airlines from Cochin to Toronto. We have a layover at Heathrow, for 12hrs 30ms. We are reaching on 25 sep 2017 at 08.30 PM and the connection flight to Toronto is at 08.00 AM the next day. So wondering if we need a transit visa. I have checked with airline as well as UK immigration. Very confusing answers. UK immigration people said I need a transit visa, but need to check with Airline to see if I am passing through border control so that they could tell which transit visa is required. There are two, one is airside transit and visitor transit. I will be changing Terminals. Can anyone tell me do I require a transit visa? If yes, then which one?

Thanks in Advance!

ferris123

Jun 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
india
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26/5/2017
Doc's Request.
31/5/2017
Nomination.....
01/06/2017
AOR Received.
22/08/2017
Hi, I have booked my tickets in Sri Lankan Airlines from Cochin to Toronto. We have a layover at Heathrow, for 12hrs 30ms. We are reaching on 25 sep 2017 at 08.30 PM and the connection flight to Toronto is at 08.00 AM the next day. So wondering if we need a transit visa. I have checked with airline as well as UK immigration. Very confusing answers. UK immigration people said I need a transit visa, but need to check with Airline to see if I am passing through border control so that they could tell which transit visa is required. There are two, one is airside transit and visitor transit. I will be changing Terminals. Can anyone tell me do I require a transit visa? If yes, then which one?

Thanks in Advance!
Hey i am in same situation, have you reached Canada? can you give me details regarding transit in UK ? pls

Reactions: anumon