+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma with a Bachelor

foxtemara

Nov 4, 2016
Hi,
i have a Bachelor degree and i want to apply for a Diploma of Business Administration in a cheap college. but i'm worried about the VISA part, as there is a high risk to be refused, what do you think ?
Thank you !

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
foxtemara said:
Hi,
i have a Bachelor degree and i want to apply for a Diploma of Business Administration in a cheap college. but i'm worried about the VISA part, as there is a high risk to be refused, what do you think ?
Thank you !

Definitely will be refused because you're studying a diploma program and you have a bachelor degree already. You need to choose something higher like a master degree program in Business. Other then education, there are many variables that can cause for refusal as well such as home country ties, financial etc...

foxtemara

Nov 4, 2016
alright, i thought of two solutions:

1. let's say i go to study english (program of less than 6 months), and when there, apply for a study Permit. is it possible ?
2. what about apply for a higher degree, then when there, cancel it and apply for the Diploma ?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
foxtemara said:
alright, i thought of two solutions:

1. let's say i go to study english (program of less than 6 months), and when there, apply for a study Permit. is it possible ?

2. what about apply for a higher degree, then when there, cancel it and apply for the Diploma ?
1.You mean like go there as a visitor and study English? Yes, you can do that because program less than 6 months doesn't require a study permit. But applying for study permit within Canada might be difficult as you need to show that you'll leave Canada when you finish school but hey you'll never know unless you try because there are some people whose study permit got approved within Canada too.

2.It doesn't work like that...sure you can change your degree but there is a chance that it might not be approved because you're going for a lower level education when you already have a bachelors degree. Because when you land, your study permit will show the school names and education on it.

foxtemara

Nov 4, 2016
i forgot to mention that Bachelor degree in My country is 3 years, while its 4 there. so i didn't reach their bachelor level yet, right ?

M.Saeed

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Wonderland_1010 said:
Definitely will be refused because you're studying a diploma program and you have a bachelor degree already. You need to choose something higher like a master degree program in Business. Other then education, there are many variables that can cause for refusal as well such as home country ties, financial etc...
What if the diploma is in a different field than the BA. For example, if one had a BA in Translation in his country, and wants to study anther field to shift his career. so, he decided to study a diploma in IT. Will he be refused?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
M.Saeed said:
What if the diploma is in a different field than the BA. For example, if one had a BA in Translation in his country, and wants to study anther field to shift his career. so, he decided to study a diploma in IT. Will he be refused?

Sure you can but you'll need to convince the immigration officer of why you're taking this program and how it will help you in your future career paths.

foxtemara

Nov 4, 2016
alright, so back to studying english there (less than 6 months) and applying for study permit: i wont need anything from my home country ? like a approved paper or somthing from the ambassy ? and is there risk to be refused ?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
foxtemara said:
alright, so back to studying english there (less than 6 months) and applying for study permit: i wont need anything from my home country ? like a approved paper or somthing from the ambassy ? and is there risk to be refused ?

There is always a chance to be refused. It just the way it is.....you can't determine how the immigration officer will think. Yes studying for 6 month less doesn't need a study permit but getting a visa is difficult. As you need to show financial, home ties, education etc.

What is your status currently? Are you in Canada right now?