+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diploma courses in Canada

JKV Prasad

Nov 1, 2014
Hai guys, i am newbie to this forum and required help from someone. I have completed my B.com(General) in 2012 and from them i have been working as an internal auditor and an accountant (2yrs.8mnths). I thought of doing MBA in canada but came to know that, to do MBA in canada i need to have four-year degree from university here in India but mine is three years bachelor degree. So i decided to take up diploma course of 1 year. So plz suggest me whether i need to take 1yr or 2yr diploma course, because finally my aim is to get job asap after completing the course. As i have been surfing through internet, i came to know the courses that are available to my related field( Financial Planning, International Business Management, Business Admin- Accounting, Strategic Management Accounting,Financial Planning Services and Professional accounting Practice), so can anyone suggest which course i need to pursue that can fetch good job after completing the course. Also i would like to know job opportunities related to finance and administration profession?

Thanks in advance.......

Jeewan

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Going for a diploma course will definitely refuse ur case by giving reason course mismatch. So don't go for dilpoma instead go for a post graduate program

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Jeewan said:
Going for a diploma course will definitely refuse ur case by giving reason course mismatch. So don't go for dilpoma instead go for a post graduate program
If I go for postgraduate program first, can I then once in Canada, transfer to diploma program WITHIN the same college? in other words get visa for 1year postgraduate program, arrive to Canada, change to 2year diploma, and extend visa. Is that possible?

raman0049

Oct 29, 2014
yumirdci said:
If I go for postgraduate program first, can I then once in Canada, transfer to diploma program WITHIN the same college? in other words get visa for 1year postgraduate program, arrive to Canada, change to 2year diploma, and extend visa. Is that possible?
Yeah go for Global business management its a post graduate certificate 2yrs .....u will get visa

Jeewan

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
yumirdci said:
Yups u can get the offer letter for both the courses but apply for a post graduate program and than after getting the visa nd reaching the college u can change ur program!

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Jeewan said:
Yups u can get the offer letter for both the courses but apply for a post graduate program and than after getting the visa nd reaching the college u can change ur program!
Yes, thanks. That's what I wanted to do...But will there be any problems? I mean I would have to extend my study permit and visa eventually (because postgraduate is a one year program, and diploma program is 2 years)....So will there be any problems with extension?

JKV Prasad

Nov 1, 2014
Hi Jeewan, i thought of doing Financial Planning 1yr course and it is given as graduate certificate program on colleges website, so is this post graduate program? if not plz suggest some postgraduate courses in management and accounting field.

Jeewan

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
JKV Prasad said:
Hi Jeewan, i thought of doing Financial Planning 1yr course and it is given as graduate certificate program on colleges website, so is this post graduate program? if not plz suggest some postgraduate courses in management and accounting field.
For the course search you need to visit different colleges websites to get the information regarding the course available with them ND abut the co-op question yes definitely co-op programs have an advantage where you are given an internship with a company to gain experience in that particular field and you get pay along with that. So definitely it's good to go with co-op

Jeewan

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
yumirdci said:
Yes, thanks. That's what I wanted to do...But will there be any problems? I mean I would have to extend my study permit and visa eventually (because postgraduate is a one year program, and diploma program is 2 years)....So will there be any problems with extension?
You can easily extend your visa while you are in Canada.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Jeewan said:
You can easily extend your visa while you are in Canada.
But I will be lowering my level in this way (from postgraduate to diploma).
I understand that it will be easy to do so while in Canada, but wouldn't it be strange for the visa officer (when I will apply for extension of study permit) that I am changing one level to another, even if it is the same college.
So in other words, when applying for the visa for the first time I was asking for Post graduate program, one year and now I am asking to extend my study permit, but for another completely different progam.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Selkirk College in British Columbia is starting a program in May 2015 intake- Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting. This Post Graduate Diploma will prepare students for the careers in accounting. The courses will fill most of the credit requirements for entry into the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) program. I can say, definitely, its a unique program. The tuition fee is $ 4475 per semester and it has an internship component also.

Raj173

Oct 26, 2014
Hyd
Visa Office......
Hyd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
6 overall(Listening:7.5,Reading:5.5,Writing:5.5,Speaking:6)
File Transfer...
03-11-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
NA
Ryan1981 said:
Selkirk College in British Columbia is starting a program in May 2015 intake- Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting. This Post Graduate Diploma will prepare students for the careers in accounting. The courses will fill most of the credit requirements for entry into the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) program. I can say, definitely, its a unique program. The tuition fee is $ 4475 per semester and it has an internship component also.
Today i have applied under SPP for Visa(Northern lights college)
I have unconditional Letter of acceptance whether this helps in any way,..

My profile:
Ielts:6 overall(listening:7.5,writing:5.5,reading:5.5,Speaking:6)
Tenth:74.5%
inter:64.5%
b-tech:67.7%
Work exp:3yrs in ICICI
Gic:yes
First sem fee:yes
course taken:post degree diploma in business management-IT specialization

I want to know my chances of getting visa.