+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital signature

case

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
No...
1) Type your name in the box provided.

Your given name and last name must be exactly the same as on your application form. For children under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must electronically sign your application form.
I know this was posted a longtime but I want to know.what if your given name and last name aren't exactly printed/signed as it is on one's application.will the system still accept it?

Jul 25, 2019
Yeah best of luck.

After submitting online TRV requirements and paying the fee, are we contacted for biometric by the CIC by email or we ourself have to enroll for biometric showing them the evidence of payment(receipt)?

Last edited:

Sanika_19

May 18, 2021
HEYY GUYSS !!!

I am 17 years old. I need to sign the study permit application. As I am a minor ( Under the age of 18 ) I need my parent's e-signature...

Does that mean I enter my dad's ( parent's ) GIVEN NAME and LAST NAME ???

DeeKeem

Jun 2, 2021
I am a little bit confused about the signing of the IMM 5645e (Family information form)

I am single and do not have any children so I am supposed to sign NOTE 1 and 2 on the form, but the field does not allow me to write my name or input my signature (i can only input the date).
Do I print out the form and sign by hand and upload it again?

I also understand that as I am submitting the form, I will be asked to do the electronic signature, but will the electronic signature apply for NOTE 1 and 2 on the form as it is an optional field?

I am just really confused. Please I need an answer to this

Sanika_19

May 18, 2021
Most Youtube videos ask people to just print the form and then sign it.
Those Youtubers got their VISA by printing and signing the form so it should do.

I myself submitted the form using the same method.

The e-signature is for the entire application suggesting that you agree to the fact that you have supplied true and accurate information.
Those signs for NOTE 1 and 2 are optional and are supposed to be signed separately for that form itself.

Hope it helps !!!

Stay safe and healthy!!!!

Sanika_19

May 18, 2021
Yeah best of luck.

After submitting online TRV requirements and paying the fee, are we contacted for biometric by the CIC by email, or we ourselves have to enroll for biometric showing them the evidence of payment(receipt)?
They will contact you within 5-7 business days. They will send you a letter stating the deadline by which you are expected to complete your biometrics.

( Given the covid situation, many Visa Application Centres (VACs) are shut down. So I am sure they will accept biometrics once these centers open up in your own country. Instructions will be given in the same letter regarding what you should do and other stuff. )

You don't need to send them reminders or something. You DO NOT need to mail them regarding biometrics.

Hope it helps! :))

Stay safe and healthy !!!!!

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
You do not have to sign it. Just before you submit your application, you will be asked to sign (print your name) and confirm the whole application package.

This is wrong info. Please do not suggest something that you are not sure of. CIC specifically have asked not to print it and sign and then upload. Please refer the below link form CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=740&top=23

Here is the text from the above link (verbatim)

How do I sign my online visa application?

You will have to type in your name and answer a security question to submit your application. This is your electronic signature.

Do not print out your application form to sign it.
Do not use the “signature panel” at the top of the screen
To sign your online application:

1) Type your name in the box provided.

Your given name and last name must be exactly the same as on your application form. For children under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must electronically sign your application form.

2) Answer the security question.

The security question is one of the four security questions you created when you registered for your MyCIC account. You must answer exactly as you did when you enrolled in MyCIC.
Hi, I have the same problem. it specifically said on the TR to PR guide to SIGN EVERYTHING, but I cant even type letters on the form itself. I am having troubles with IMM5669e because i cant type on the space