+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital signature

tina_

Jan 22, 2016
Hello,

I am currently filling out the online forms to apply for a work permit (from the CIC website) and I need to sign some of the documents digitally. Problem is, I am using Adobe to fill out the forms but I cannot write in the fields where I need to sign the documents.
Did anyone encounter a similar problem? How do I sign these documents? Do I just leave them as they are?

Thank you.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tina_ said:
Hello,

I am currently filling out the online forms to apply for a work permit (from the CIC website) and I need to sign some of the documents digitally. Problem is, I am using Adobe to fill out the forms but I cannot write in the fields where I need to sign the documents.
Did anyone encounter a similar problem? How do I sign these documents? Do I just leave them as they are?

Thank you.
Hi,

Use Adobe Acrobat XI and try to sign the document. If still not working I suggest print the form and sign it then scan and upload online. Never leave any forms without signature

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
tina_ said:
Hello,

Thank you.
You do not have to sign it. Just before you submit your application, you will be asked to sign (print your name) and confirm the whole application package.

Ottawa-applicant said:
Hi,

Use Adobe Acrobat XI and try to sign the document. If still not working I suggest print the form and sign it then scan and upload online. Never leave any forms without signature
This is wrong info. Please do not suggest something that you are not sure of. CIC specifically have asked not to print it and sign and then upload. Please refer the below link form CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=740&top=23

Here is the text from the above link (verbatim)

How do I sign my online visa application?

You will have to type in your name and answer a security question to submit your application. This is your electronic signature.

Do not print out your application form to sign it.
Do not use the “signature panel” at the top of the screen
To sign your online application:

1) Type your name in the box provided.

Your given name and last name must be exactly the same as on your application form. For children under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must electronically sign your application form.

2) Answer the security question.

The security question is one of the four security questions you created when you registered for your MyCIC account. You must answer exactly as you did when you enrolled in MyCIC.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PhdStream said:
You do not have to sign it. Just before you submit your application, you will be asked to sign (print your name) and confirm the whole application package.

This is wrong info. Please do not suggest something that you are not sure of. CIC specifically have asked not to print it and sign and then upload. Please refer the below link form CIC

You will have to type in your name and answer a security question to submit your application. This is your electronic signature.

Your given name and last name must be exactly the same as on your application form. For children under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must electronically sign your application form.

The security question is one of the four security questions you created when you registered for your MyCIC account. You must answer exactly as you did when you enrolled in MyCIC.

thanks for the correction I completely misunderstood

kaykay12

Aug 19, 2017

I know this was posted a while ago but i am facing the same problem with the form IMM1295. So basically i can leave the signature field blank on the form and sign electronically before the payment?

Thanks!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
No...

kaykay12

Aug 19, 2017
No...

Just to clarify, do i have to type my name in the signature field on the form IMM1295? because its like greyed out - cannot type anything in there.

or Are you referring to the step where you finish uploading all the docs and are ready for the payment?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Type your name in the box at the bottom.

I am referring to filling in the form.

kaykay12

Aug 19, 2017
Type your name in the box at the bottom.

I am referring to filling in the form.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am still confused cuz Phdstream above said "You do not have to sign it. Just before you submit your application, you will be asked to sign (print your name) and confirm the whole application package." and i think the steps you provided are for that. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=740&top=23)

if you were able to type your name in the signature field on the page 5 of IMM1295, could you please let me know how? i tried it on more than one computer but it doesn't let me type anything in there :(

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Apologies, I have just went through the form you have mentioned and when I go to validate it says..'If you are applying online, you do not need to sign the application by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to the CIC'. Looks like a something will come up once you upload all your documents. I am sure that did not happen on my study permit, but this form looks different.

Reactions: kaykay12

kaykay12

Aug 19, 2017
Apologies, I have just went through the form you have mentioned and when I go to validate it says..'If you are applying online, you do not need to sign the application by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to the CIC'. Looks like a something will come up once you upload all your documents. I am sure that did not happen on my study permit, but this form looks different.
Thank you, Russ6970, for going through the form!

i hope CIC has a clear instruction on each form. thanks again! :)

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thank you, Russ6970, for going through the form!

i hope CIC has a clear instruction on each form. thanks again! :)
I had the same issue too but the only form I signed by hand was family information form. Didn't want to risk it with CIC. But im sure you can submit with electronically signatures.

Reactions: kaykay12

kaykay12

Aug 19, 2017
I had the same issue too but the only form I signed by hand was family information form. Didn't want to risk it with CIC. But im sure you can submit with electronically signatures.
Thanks for the input!

So were you able to get your permit approved without filling out the signature field on the form? I hope just the electronic signature at the end of the submission would do.