+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital Signature Error for Stage 2 of the Working Holiday Visa

Slim11

Feb 27, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Would mean the world to me if someone could shed some light on this issue.

I'm at Stage 2 of the Working Holiday Visa Online application, and have got together all my documents. I just cannot get past the Digital Signature - there appears to be a validation error.

I put my details in and it comes back with:

"The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application."

I'm at a loss as to what is the problem. Does anyone know what needs to match?

It could be that I have two first names.
I don't have to type in my date of birth or country of birth in the digital signature so I'm not sure why it mentions that as well

chrismcelwee

Mar 2, 2013
Hi Slim11,

Probably not the response you were looking for but I have been experiencing this for over a week now. I have tried everything that I can possibly think of and it's infuriating that after becoming one of the first people to the UK to be accepted into the IEC program, I'm quickly being overtaken with people that applied after me.

I CANNOT figure out what is causing this. I have re-checked everything a million times. I have revoked my GCKey and re-submitted my application several times. I have also tried in all four major browsers on both Mac and Windows. I do not know what it is comparing the signature to, or why it mentions date of birth or place of birth, because in the signature, it doesn't ask you for this.

Has anyone else managed to resolve this? I found multiple other threads online in which people are experience this but have not yet found a resolution.

I emailed CIC but apparently there is a 20 BUSINESS day waiting period, and you know that when they respond they're just going to say that my signature details don't match my "online application", whatever that is.

I have a couple of screenshots but these forums won't allow me to post them or even the URLs.

HELP!

Cheers,
Chris

Karenina

Feb 25, 2013
Hi! I just submitted my online application today, and it went well. You might want to try submitting yours again. :)

Slim11

Feb 27, 2013
Any luck Chris?

I also have tried multiple things and been going at it for a few weeks now!

I'll try again tonight Karenina!

chrismcelwee

Mar 2, 2013
Unfortunately not, sorry. It's been weeks now and nobody has found a solution. Please post here if you get it sorted.

spleedo

Mar 31, 2013
I figured my error out , on my IMM form there was a space between the my first and second given name(s) so i just put an extra space in it signed no problem. It is severely lacking on CIC's part for allowing such frustrating errors to occur.

sajid7x7

Jun 19, 2013
This is the reply I got and it solved the issue:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the information we provided in the email we sent you on June 18, 2013, was incorrect. The correct information is as follows:

The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing technical problem. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to fix it at the moment.

Therefore, we recommend you to re-enrol with a new GCKey/Sign-In Partner in order to access your MyCIC account and start a new online application.

During the enrolment process, when asked Do you have a client ID?, you must answer No to this question, even if you do have a Client ID Number.

If you still experience technical difficulties, please note that you may also submit your application by mail.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

ajohnson

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After spending hours, carefully filling out every form required and submitting them (each time with misleading errors when all that was required was for me to click validate in the form when I was done for the website to let me upload them) I was greeted with the very same error as this thread has mentioned. 7 months since the first post here and that error message hasn't been rectified in a manner that would give us a clue as to what exactly is the cause for the error.

I am going to attempt what sajid7x7 has pointed out. I am hoping this works.

ajohnson

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajohnson said:
After spending hours, carefully filling out every form required and submitting them (each time with misleading errors when all that was required was for me to click validate in the form when I was done for the website to let me upload them) I was greeted with the very same error as this thread has mentioned. 7 months since the first post here and that error message hasn't been rectified in a manner that would give us a clue as to what exactly is the cause for the error.

I am going to attempt what sajid7x7 has pointed out. I am hoping this works.
Fail!

That's it. I'm gonna courier instead. This is ridiculous.