+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital photo upload for online application

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
When applying online, do you only upload one copy of the digital photo?. I'm asking cuz in an paper application you are supposed to submit 2. Also, for paper application, the photographer writes down the date the photo was taken on the back of the photo. What would the equivalent of that be for an online application? Or is that just not required?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Paper application requirements are different from online application requirements. Try starting an online application and see what the system demands as required documents.

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
When applying online, do you only upload one copy of the digital photo?. I'm asking cuz in an paper application you are supposed to submit 2. Also, for paper application, the photographer writes down the date the photo was taken on the back of the photo. What would the equivalent of that be for an online application? Or is that just not required?
Hi,
You need only the digital photo, photographer details are not required for online application.
Following is the requirement for ONLINE application:

• Frame size
The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.​
  • Quality/resolution
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.​
  • File format
The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.​

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
how do you uoload photo on the portal when applying for PR card
Get the photo clicked by the photographer.
Ask him that you need it to upload on the portal for PR Card.
Generally they will support you by providing the changed photo if you upload & it has not been accepted for any reason.
I did that for a family to apply for PR Card.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Generally they will support you by providing the changed photo if you upload & it has not been accepted for any reason.
when applying for PRC there is no place to upload photo yeah? once your app is approved IRCC will request for a photo and address, am i right?

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
there is no option on the portal to upload a photo when applying for PRC

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
there is no option on the portal to upload a photo when applying for PRC
You will get that once your application has been approved.
You would receive an email stating the url for uploading the photo (per spec).

Reactions: asaeed100

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
You will get that once your application has been approved.
You would receive an email stating the url for uploading the photo (per spec).
Hi! I'm trying to submit my application but I got lost in the digital photo requirements. I mean the one that has to be uploaded before the submission of the PR application. I was asked for a photo during my medical checkup. I wonder if it meets the standard and can be uploaded at this stage? Or should I get a totally new photo? TIA