+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital / Online Marketing - Demand In Canada For Immigrants

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
What's the scope of Digital Marketing field in Canada? Of what I understand, Immigration is given to applicants that Canada falls short of and has a demand for. Have read and researched a lot, Digital Marketing is not HUGE in Canada yet.

Was very keen on applying through FSWP from India.. now thinking of applying through of British Columbia PNP as BC has more digital jobs.

What is your suggestion ?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
NOC: 0124 - Advertising, marketing and public relations managers,

Main duties
Advertising, marketing, public relations and e-business managers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
    Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
    Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
    E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
If any of your job duties fall under the above, you are good to apply under FSW

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mkcan said:
What's the scope of Digital Marketing field in Canada? Of what I understand, Immigration is given to applicants that Canada falls short of and has a demand for. Have read and researched a lot, Digital Marketing is not HUGE in Canada yet.

Was very keen on applying through FSWP from India.. now thinking of applying through of British Columbia PNP as BC has more digital jobs.

What is your suggestion ?
I dont know the scope but there is a whatsapp group with many digital marketing professionals in Canada.

Reactions: BhagyaShree_Das

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Srushti said:

Main duties
Advertising, marketing, public relations and e-business managers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
    Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
    Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
    E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.

Hi Srushti,

Yes, my job title matches to what you have sent. However, my duties are more close to :

NOC 1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1123&ver=11&_ga=1.263899468.1581064140.1485166022&val65=0124

Now, will i still get an approval on PR? (considering all the other factors like age, education, Pof, IELTS, etc. etc. are favorable?)

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
xpressentry said:
I dont know the scope but there is a whatsapp group with many digital marketing professionals in Canada.
Could you please help with the link / number ?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mkcan said:
Could you please help with the link / number ?
search in the forum using the search box.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017

Main duties

Hi Shruti,
Just checking to see if you had luck in getting jobs in marketing, advertising field?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Hi Shruti,
Just checking to see if you had luck in getting jobs in marketing, advertising field?
Not yet... PLan to do my search after landing

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Not yet... PLan to do my search after landing
Hello Srushti,

I have the same NOC and got my PPR on 10th August 2017. Waiting for the passport now.

Please let me know if at all you find anything about scope and prospects of our NOC in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Vinit Hundare

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hello Srushti,

I have the same NOC and got my PPR on 10th August 2017. Waiting for the passport now.

Please let me know if at all you find anything about scope and prospects of our NOC in Canada.

Thanks in advance.
Congrats! One more guy with same NOC.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
All I can say is after doing enough research... seems like Toronoto is the best bet for new comers as there are lot of opportunities and big basket of jobs here... also networking is key for us... which is easier in Toronoto...

Slhalper

Aug 12, 2017
Which NOC would best fit for a Production Artist? I'm currently registered under 5223, but think I could also be NOC5241. Production Artist is not listed under either code. Here's an example of a job if it helps anybody who is unsure what the roles are.

Check out this job: Graphic Production Artist
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/362755263

In my current job, I do those duties both for print projects using InDesign and online using a combination of Adobe Scene 7 and CQ5.

Thanks!

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Which NOC would best fit for a Production Artist? I'm currently registered under 5223, but think I could also be NOC5241. Production Artist is not listed under either code. Here's an example of a job if it helps anybody who is unsure what the roles are.

Check out this job: Graphic Production Artist
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/362755263

In my current job, I do those duties both for print projects using InDesign and online using a combination of Adobe Scene 7 and CQ5.

Thanks!
I think many faces this kind of situation. Follow the one which covers maximum of your work and has more weightage. Also keep in mind that you must be able to provide supporting document for it like reference letter etc....Then no need to mention the remaining duties. NOC is just to categorize the express entry candidates. It will not affect your future job applications.

Slhalper

Aug 12, 2017
I think many faces this kind of situation. Follow the one which covers maximum of your work and has more weightage. Also keep in mind that you must be able to provide supporting document for it like reference letter etc....Then no need to mention the remaining duties. NOC is just to categorize the express entry candidates. It will not affect your future job applications.
Thanks! It's tricky because of corporate structure, I check off about 1/3 of the NOC for Graphic Designer. Is there a description of what a layout artist is under NOC 5241?

shahid7in

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
Hello Srushti,

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Good to know u got pr even I am also in same field working as self employed from India can I also get pr ? What is ur CRS score and ur ielts score I am 36 year old and I am writing ielts on oct