Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Hey everyone,

So my wife and I are doing a soft Landing in October and we're thinking about opening an digital bank account (Simplii, a CIBC digital branch) so we won't have to pay the account fees depending on our balance.
Also we're thinking about doing their credit card coz it has no annual fees also, for the credit score.

Does anyone have any experience with that bank and care to share?

Thanks!

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hey everyone,

So my wife and I are doing a soft Landing in October and we're thinking about opening an digital bank account (Simplii, a CIBC digital branch) so we won't have to pay the account fees depending on our balance.
Also we're thinking about doing their credit card coz it has no annual fees also, for the credit score.

Thanks!
No direct experience, just make sure to
a. Compare with newcomer offers from various banks that provide zero balance offer and other incentives for first year
b. For credit card I would compare other options and make a decision based on that : rate, rewards, acceptability.

Also do confirm their requirements for account opening. An experience u had work another week account was that they needed pr card to open an account

Investocrat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Winnipeg
I have used Simplii since 2015, starting when I signed up for the PC financial MasterCard when they were still affiliated with Superstore (Loblaws). My experience has been generally okay and I reviewed their service here:

https://www.savvynewcanadians.com/simplii-financial-review-online-only-banking-in-canada/

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

chints333

Jan 11, 2019
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Was also planing to start if with digital banking.. but I guess they need a Canadian photo ID card!