Difficult case - became Canadian with A44 report, working in USA, RQ, etc

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Where exactly is your application? I found the phone number for St.Clair office today, will try it out on Monday
Mississauga. Let us know how it will work out for you on Monday. Good luck!

Niette

Apr 2, 2015
Thank you for sharing experience , very useful. Tagged it to my favourites:)

I have question re ph 5: You have moved out of Canada a short time after applying . What questions were you asked during interview about it? And what is your suggestion to a proper answer (I mean if applying under old rules where intention to reside is not applicable or after C-6 gets into effect (hopefully soon ! ) ?

Thank you in advance.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
exactly. Time to get another email to your MP ready, I reckon. I am about to shoot one tomorrow.
The only uplifting thing is that Minister McCallum promised to reconcile all LEGACY citizenship applications by the end of 2016. He looks like a good person to me.
Hopes die last, anyway. ;)

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
exactly. Time to get another email to your MP ready, I reckon. I am about to shoot one tomorrow.
The only uplifting thing is that Minister McCallum promised to reconcile all LEGACY citizenship applications by the end of 2016. He looks like a good person to me.
Hopes die last, anyway. ;)
In two days I'll mark one year since I took the test for citizenship. My hope is dead, as the OP here wrote, he had a lot of red flags and full blown RQ. I haven't heard anything from CIC. Not MP nor McCallum himself couldn't get the answer why.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Niette said:
Thank you for sharing experience , very useful. Tagged it to my favourites:)

I have question re ph 5: You have moved out of Canada a short time after applying . What questions were you asked during interview about it? And what is your suggestion to a proper answer (I mean if applying under old rules where intention to reside is not applicable or after C-6 gets into effect (hopefully soon ! ) ?

Thank you in advance.
The anticipated question was "why did you move back to USA?".
In my case, the answer was straightforward and simple: the company that transferred me from USA to Canada approx. 5 years ago and for which I worked in Canada the whole time, is the same company that transferred me back to the USA 3 months after I submitted my application... and who knows.... might transfer me back to Canada in a few years down the road.
Given the end result, I believe they were satisfied with the answer.

Reactions: ssudarjothi