+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different oath dates for family members?

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hi all. I applied for myself and two of my children. I am 55 so I don't have to take the test (but they do). Is there a chance that I will get my oath date before they do, or will they give us all the same oath date because we applied as a family?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Normally for whole family they gave same oath date on same time.

To get different date you have to request them to separate your file which requires a very genuine reason. e.g family is travelling based on some emergency etc. But still no guarantee that you will get oath date prior to them. Huge delay observed in some cases where file got separated.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
OK, I guess I'll just wait for them to do their tests then. Also, my daughter is still 17 (as of the date they received the application) but she will be 18 by the time they approve it. Will she still have to take the test?

JPBless

May 14, 2018
OK, I guess I'll just wait for them to do their tests then. Also, my daughter is still 17 (as of the date they received the application) but she will be 18 by the time they approve it. Will she still have to take the test?
It is possible all of you will be invited for test and interview on same day. For you (since you are over 55) it will be straight to interview (skipping the test phase) while your children will take the test, and if they pass, proceed to interview.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
It is possible all of you will be invited for test and interview on same day. For you (since you are over 55) it will be straight to interview (skipping the test phase) while your children will take the test, and if they pass, proceed to interview.
OK, thank you for replying.