+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different NOC's considered as work experience for FSW and EE?

abbasi123

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
I have 2 years and 9 months experience in NOC 0111 & 3 years and 4 months experience in NOC 1111 (total 6 years and above experience). There is a gap of 2 months between both these jobs.

When checking points for FSW (67 points eligibility) should I accumulate both my experience and claim points for 6 years or more work experience? Or is this a requirement that I should only choose one NOC from the above?

While checking eligibility for EE profile, should I again claim experience for only one NOC since it is mentioned that "It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation." or claim 6 years experience?

Does the gap of 2 months make any difference? (This gap was due to a job search for which I traveled to another country)

Kindly suggest. Appreciate your support.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - For the calculation under the six selection factors use only your work experience under your Primary NOC.
2 - For CRS purposes you will get the maximum points for foreign work experience.
3 - The gap is irrelevant.

Reactions: abbasi123

abbasi123

Sep 4, 2017
For point no. 1, does this mean that I can only claim experience points for one NOC only which I consider as the primary NOC?. If I accumulate the experience, 6 years will give me 15 points whereas, if I choose one NOC, I can only claim 11 points for work experience and my overall score will be below 67 points, making me ineligible to apply.