+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different NOC in canadian work experience versus foreign work experience

camaleonsp

May 14, 2019
I work all my life in sales, and last as 3 years, as noc 0601. After my MBA, i came to Canada and worked in a different field.

I worked as a pruchasing manager for a full year, NOC 0113.

How can i conciliate in my Express entry profile.Or maybe it does not conflict and i can leave it as it is.

Please advise.

Reactions: stacy27

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
I work all my life in sales, and last as 3 years, as noc 0601. After my MBA, i came to Canada and worked in a different field.

How can i conciliate in my Express entry profile.Or maybe it does not conflict and i can leave it as it is.

Please advise.
You can specify different NOCs in your profile/application. I had two different NOC codes on my application. I got approved :)

camaleonsp

May 14, 2019
but which should be the main NOC for the express entry profile.

and will i get point for both or if choosing one as main NOC will not allow me to claim point on the other.

Many thanks

Last edited:

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
but which should be the main NOC for the express entry profile.

and will i get point for both or if choosing one as NOC will not allow me to claim point on the other.

Many thanks
In my situation I had no foreign work experience. I had a little over 11 months work experience in one NOC and about 3.5 months in the other NOC. I put down my primary NOC as the one where I had 11 months experience. I earned points for both NOCs however.

If you have one full year of work experience in Canada I guess you can put that down as your primary NOC. You can claim points for your foreign work experience under a different NOC. You'll be asked to choose an NOC for each work experience you claim.

You will need to show proof of that work experience like reference letters etc.

Hope this helps!:)

Yemishub

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hi guys, for my Canadian experience ,dataa is the closest I can find to my current responsibilities but I am concerned about my pay, I earn $15 an hour which is nothing compared to the normal pay of data analysts here in Canada, do you guys think it matters, my pay stubs also don't carry data analyst on them,

Yemishub

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019

Please advise.
I don't think all your experiences have to be on the same NOC, Its just the primary one(the one you want to use to apply) that has to be at least a year

hhs2019

Jul 23, 2019
Ontario
NOC Code......
In my situation I had no foreign work experience. I had a little over 11 months work experience in one NOC and about 3.5 months in the other NOC. I put down my primary NOC as the one where I had 11 months experience. I earned points for both NOCs however.

If you have one full year of work experience in Canada I guess you can put that down as your primary NOC. You can claim points for your foreign work experience under a different NOC. You'll be asked to choose an NOC for each work experience you claim.

You will need to show proof of that work experience like reference letters etc.

Hope this helps!:)

I think your situation is different from @camaleonsp. He has two different NOC in "foreign" and "Canadian" work experience. You have two different noc in just Canada.

That's my question too. please answer this question:

If we have at least 1 year Canadian work experience in NOC 1 and 2 years foreign work experience in NOC 2, can we get points for the foreign work experience in CEC class? Which one should we choose as our primary occupation?

Thanks.

Last edited:

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
I think your situation is different from @camaleonsp. He has two different NOC in "foreign" and "Canadian" work experience. You have two different noc in just Canada.

If we have at least 1 year Canadian work experience in NOC 1 and 2 years foreign work experience in NOC 2, can we get points for the foreign work experience in CEC class? Which one should we choose as our primary occupation?

Thanks.
Yes, as far as I know you can get points for foreign work experience. It's fine to have 2 NOCs weather just in Canada or in Canada and abroad.
As for what to choose as your primary occupation, I'm not sure if there are any hard and fast rules about that. In your situation, I would choose my occupation in Canada as my primary occupation. But I'd say, if you can, do confirm if this is ok to do!

n1n1

Jan 28, 2021

Thanks.
Hi @westcoastaccountant
This my question too. I saw that you comment is for July 2019. I was wondering if you could find an answer for that! :)

westcoastaccountant

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
1241, 1311
App. Filed.......
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
24-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-05-2019
Hi @westcoastaccountant
This my question too. I saw that you comment is for July 2019. I was wondering if you could find an answer for that! :)
Hi! I don’t really have an answer to be honest :) I didn’t have foreign work experience when I applied but from what I understood back then, there were no hard and fast rules as to what NOC you chose as your primary occupation. I don’t know if the rules have changed since?:)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
How did you resolve this?
The main NOC in your profile plays a role in PNP program draws and some NOC based federal draws (e.g., STEM or health care). So pick one that will give you more chances to be drawn. :)