+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different mother name in passport and birth certificate

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mother name is different on my passport and birth certificate.

Do I have to provide letter of explanation on why it's difeerent to cic? Is there anything else I need to do or provide any additional documents/information to support the validity and correctness of both passport and birth certificate?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
My mother name is different on my passport and birth certificate.

Do I have to provide letter of explanation on why it's difeerent to cic? Is there anything else I need to do or provide any additional documents/information to support the validity and correctness of both passport and birth certificate?
Does your document checklist ask you to submit your birth certificate ?
Because a birth certificate is usually not required.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't got ITA yet, but I wanted to be prepared just in case if they ask for both. I am not sure even for passport if I need to submit the page with photo and my name or do I have to scan entire passport and submit it, because mother's name is on the last page which I am not sure if CIC will ask for.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
I haven't got ITA yet, but I wanted to be prepared just in case if they ask for both. I am not sure even for passport if I need to submit the page with photo and my name or do I have to scan entire passport and submit it, because mother's name is on the last page which I am not sure if CIC will ask for.
You won't need your birth certificate.