+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DIFFERENT LAST NAME ON PASSPORT & PR CARD!!

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi guys! I just want to ask who can share they’re experienced on travelling outside Canada with different last name on PR CARD & PASSPORT? I just got married here in Canada, and as a Filipino if you got married you will carry the last name of your husband. I already renewed my PR card on my new last name, and to my passport Im having a hard time to get an appointment for renewal so my passport is still on my old last name. Im am planning to visit PH this May, and littile bit anxious if there will be a problem on this kind of stuff. Hopefully you can share some of your experience. Thank you

jagni

Jun 20, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
I have a similar situation. My old passport had all my names together in one section and that's how my current PR card is. But I got the name on my passport changed so it is split up as first and last names. My PR card has all my names in the last name section, so I'm wondering if this will impact my return to Canada upon international travel. Does anyone have insight into this?

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
I have a similar situation. My old passport had all my names together in one section and that's how my current PR card is. But I got the name on my passport changed so it is split up as first and last names. My PR card has all my names in the last name section, so I'm wondering if this will impact my return to Canada upon international travel. Does anyone have insight into this?
Hey Jagni did you face any problem. Kindly share your experience, if any?