+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different job titles within the same organization.

Sk081

Aug 24, 2014
I have read in this forum that I should create different work history for different job roles held in the same organization. But in the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp) it is mentioned that reference letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company. In that case does it imply that experience under one company should be under one entry in work experience section?

I am really confused what to do here. Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Sakib

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Have separate entries in the profile. Get reference letter from your employer mentioning both your roles and attach the same document for both entries

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Create express entry profile with the entire duration of work and just last held designation. Create a separate entry only if the experience with same company is in different country. Mention all designations in the reference letter.

Mar 9, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
Create express entry profile with the entire duration of work and just last held designation. Create a separate entry only if the experience with same company is in different country. Mention all designations in the reference letter.
this +1

I did it like this. one entry and last held designation.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I've held 3 positions in 1 company and have listed them in separate rows and have got 3 different letters to cover each position.

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
xpressentry said:
I've held 3 positions in 1 company and have listed them in separate rows and have got 3 different letters to cover each position.
Hi xpressentry

im in the same boat , i've held for 2 positions in 1 company ... so shud i get 2 separate reference letter from my company or only 1 reference letter with 2 roles ?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sanjsin9 said:
Hi xpressentry

im in the same boat , i've held for 2 positions in 1 company ... so shud i get 2 separate reference letter from my company or only 1 reference letter with 2 roles ?
if you list them in separate rows, they will have separate placeholders in the post ITA forms. it depends on what you want to do. separating them meant my letters, job title and dates looked much more orgsanised.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Separating might be practical if someone has had limited positions with a company.. say two or three.. If someone 7 or 8 positions, then it doesn't make any sense to split them. And moreover in big companies all important letters like service letter are given for the entire duration, and not by each designation. Unless there is a HR that is a willing to work out any kind of letter for you, it is really impractical to get separate letter for individual designation.

Sk081

Aug 24, 2014
Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable feedback.

Let me break down my question even further: till now i have held 3 positions in the same organization. Out of which 2 positions are under the same primary NOC with 3.5 yrs experience. I am not claiming any points for the 3rd position. In that case I beleive going with one entry would be the best option. Please correct me if im wrong.

In additiona to above, I have another experience 5 yrs back, for which I am not claiming any point. Should I include this in work history?

Thanks for your time.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
DEEPCUR said:
I am in the same dilemma and searching lot in this forum. All have different views on it. Currently, I have entered only last held designation with entire duration as per company experience letter. Hope someone who has got PR can shed light on it.

Also, if I remove my 1st Job from work history which contributing 10 months in my 6 years experience, do I need to also change the date in occupation field which says "first became qualified to practice in this occupation"

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Sk081 said:
Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable feedback.

Let me break down my question even further: till now i have held 3 positions in the same organization. Out of which 2 positions are under the same primary NOC with 3.5 yrs experience. I am not claiming any points for the 3rd position. In that case I beleive going with one entry would be the best option. Please correct me if im wrong.

even for this option mentioned by deepcur will hold good

In additiona to above, I have another experience 5 yrs back, for which I am not claiming any point. Should I include this in work history?

if u are not claiming any points for this u can mention it in personal history

Thanks for your time.

awnik

Sep 4, 2018
I am in the same dilemma and searching lot in this forum. All have different views on it. Currently, I have entered only last held designation with entire duration as per company experience letter. Hope someone who has got PR can shed light on it.

Also, if I remove my 1st Job from work history which contributing 10 months in my 6 years experience, do I need to also change the date in occupation field which says "first became qualified to practice in this occupation"
Hi syconetgeek, what is your status now? Do you have only one entry for last designation with full period ? Did you get the ITA?

cbhar

Dec 10, 2017
Please confirm.. I am also in similar kind of situation where i held different designations in sme organisation..Shall i mention all designations in separate line or under same line item..

Balaji Prabhu

Aug 4, 2020
Hi Everyone

Work Permit 1 : Nov 2019 - May 2020 -Vancouver
Work Permit 2 : May 2020- Present - Toronto

Same company, Same NOC
, but two different locations WP's. Do I need to create two different entries in Work history ? Can someone help me on this !

mashkoor27

Jul 13, 2020
Hi , I am in the same situation. Mine work location was different for different designations but it was in India ( Mumbai and Pune) . As I did mention my address History for both Mumbai and Pune , so do I need to include my different designations in Personal History or is it ok to create one entry with last designation and Last location as Pune .Please suggest

Thanks