+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different Address in marraige certificate

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
Hello!

I am applying for the PR with my spouse, and noticed a small issue.

In our marriage certificate, for both of our addresses, we have included an address of a relation. This is because our marriage took place in a city in our country that we do not live in. This is a common thing in our country to use the address of a relative for the marriage certificate, when the event happen in the city. We have never lived at the addresses in the marriage certificate.

But for our police reports we only have mentioned the current and permanent addresses as place of residence from birth.

We are hoping to give a letter of explanation, mentioning the above, and that the address in the marraige certificate is just for the purpose of having the wedding in a different area, and that we have not lived at that address.

Do you think will cause any issues? Any suggestions on what we can do?

Thanks you in advance!/Dev

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
I am also facing the same issue. Any suggestions.
We gave the certificates and a letter explaining that this different address was just for the purpose of registering the marriage and that we have not lived at the addresses mentioned in the marriage certificate as evident from the police report. Yet to see what happens, fingers crossed :|

Best case scenario would be to get the police certificate to mention all the addresses that will go in the complete document list

Good luck!

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
We gave the certificates and a letter explaining that this different address was just for the purpose of registering the marriage and that we have not lived at the addresses mentioned in the marriage certificate as evident from the police report. Yet to see what happens, fingers crossed :|

Best case scenario would be to get the police certificate to mention all the addresses that will go in the complete document list

Good luck!
Hello

I am in the same situation, have you got PR? OR ANY ISSUE