+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Differences between INLAND and OUTLAND application

zzxmax1024

May 25, 2016
My current CRS score is 454 under CEC category. Even though I crack the IELTS exam next time, the highest score will be 462. But my PGWP is about to expire very soon. So I'm thinking whether I should apply for tourists visa in order to stay in Canada or go back to my home country and keep waiting there. Is there any difference between applying inland or outland? Could anyone give me some suggestions, please?

Thanks a lot

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
You can apply for work permit extension once your PGWP is about to expire. It will take another 100 days to get rejection, this period called as "implied status". And you can work legally in this period, they once you get rejection for your work permit extension you will have 90 days to restore your status, this period called as "restoration period", you can apply for a visito visa any time during this restoration period. Once you will get visitor visa, you can go to your backhome or travel anywhere, before that you cant. I hope this will clear your doubts.

zzxmax1024

May 25, 2016
shdhsjej said:
You can apply for work permit extension once your PGWP is about to expire. It will take another 100 days to get rejection, this period called as "implied status". And you can work legally in this period, they once you get rejection for your work permit extension you will have 90 days to restore your status, this period called as "restoration period", you can apply for a visito visa any time during this restoration period. Once you will get visitor visa, you can go to your backhome or travel anywhere, before that you cant. I hope this will clear your doubts.
Thanks for your explanation. So it means there is no difference between applying inland and outland, right?

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
zzxmax1024 said:
Thanks for your explanation. So it means there is no difference between applying inland and outland, right?
The overall process is the same, yes.

Inland applicants are however usually processed through Ottawa whereas outland applicants are often processed by a local VO, which in some cases can either have a positive or negative effect on processing times, depending on VO. At least thats my impression so far.

Overall procedure is the same either way.