+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference in VISA and Entry Stamp

ghiaskhan

ghiaskhan said:
Leon said:
I read sometime on their website that if you didn't get a stamp, you are to assume that you are allowed to stay for 6 months. I do not have time to look for the link for this right now.
Whose website ? Willyou kindly let us have the website so that we can read it too.Every foreigner after landing cannot leave the immigration desk until his/her passport is dully stamped by the immigration officer. Which is done after an immigration is satisfied that the passanger(Visitor) intends to return to his /her home country after this visit.

A passport holder (with no exemption) who has no stamp in his/her passport will be considered as an illegal enterant if checked by any security agency during his/her stay.
if you didn't get a stamp, you are to assume that you are allowed to stay for 6 months.
sounds a bit flawed
ghiaskhan said:
Leon said:
I read sometime on their website that if you didn't get a stamp, you are to assume that you are allowed to stay for 6 months. I do not have time to look for the link for this right now.
Whose website ? Willyou kindly let us have the website so that we can read it too.Every foreigner after landing cannot leave the immigration desk until his/her passport is dully stamped by the immigration officer. Which is done after an immigration is satisfied that the passanger(Visitor) intends to return to his /her home country after this visit.

A passport holder (with no exemption) who has no stamp in his/her passport will be considered as an illegal enterant if checked by any security agency during his/her stay.
if you didn't get a stamp, you are to assume that you are allowed to stay for 6 months.
sounds a bit flawed
"if you didn't get a stamp, you are to assume that you are allowed to stay for 6 months." assumptions donot work, facts do!