+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference in Name in UG and PG Ceritificate - urgent help required

Vijayasenthil

Sep 22, 2020
HI Friends

I am in the process of creating WES profile and sending the transcript from university . In my UG certificate my Name id D. Senthil Kumar but it my PG certificate it is D Vijaya Senthil .
I need to know what additional document to be sent to WES and will it create any problem . Please share your experience if any one faced such situations.

regards
Vijay

FurqanM

Apr 11, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
HI Friends

I am in the process of creating WES profile and sending the transcript from university . In my UG certificate my Name id D. Senthil Kumar but it my PG certificate it is D Vijaya Senthil .
I need to know what additional document to be sent to WES and will it create any problem . Please share your experience if any one faced such situations.

regards
Vijay
What is your name on your identity documents? Passport? National ID card?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi FurqanM

Thanks for the response. My passport carries first name : vijayasenthil
Surname : dhandapani (D)
Wow, that's quite the variety of names you have - and impressively different on each degree and your passport. Some ideas:
1) Correct your passport to your correct name. Possibly to your PG certificate (though the initials may be complicated)
2) If your PG certificate is a master's (and you are confident WES will accredit it as such), you can exclude your bachelor's altogether and simplify your life a bit
3) Get a same name affidavit for two or three names (you can look up how it's done in your particular jurisdiction)

As I see it, while your immediate issue is the ECA, you ideally want as much consistency as you can get to make the PR and future procedures simple. In your place, I would pick the "right name", then go about correcting ) officially explaining any deviations. On a personal note, I had a name mismatch between my high school diploma and my passport. Got my passport changed then, and subsequently made sure I used the same name for everything.

Good luck!

FurqanM

Apr 11, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Wow, that's quite the variety of names you have - and impressively different on each degree and your passport. Some ideas:
1) Correct your passport to your correct name. Possibly to your PG certificate (though the initials may be complicated)
2) If your PG certificate is a master's (and you are confident WES will accredit it as such), you can exclude your bachelor's altogether and simplify your life a bit
3) Get a same name affidavit for two or three names (you can look up how it's done in your particular jurisdiction)

As I see it, while your immediate issue is the ECA, you ideally want as much consistency as you can get to make the PR and future procedures simple. In your place, I would pick the "right name", then go about correcting ) officially explaining any deviations. On a personal note, I had a name mismatch between my high school diploma and my passport. Got my passport changed then, and subsequently made sure I used the same name for everything.

Good luck!
I agree with Aamool on this one. Just to add one thing, analyze and research which documents are easier to change the name. For example in Pakistan its difficult to change your name on educational documents as compared to your passport. Get as consistent with one name as possible and leave out the document that is giving you trouble.