+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between letter of employment and employer reference letter

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
kryt0n said:
Erm...how important do you reckon the business card is?

What if your employer doesn't have one??
Actually, business cards are taken from immediate managers/Supervisors who provide the reference letters. Not from the company itself.

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
I did exactly as CIC instruction, even if it seems to be a repetition.. if you follow their instruction you should not screw up..
Got my PR last April 26 under EE.

good luck

cosgrec said:
There are 3 things I need to provide from my current employer:

1. Employment Records - Reference Letter (Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available. The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.)

2. Offer of Employment - (You must provide an official document from your proposed employer, printed on company letterhead, stating that you will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. The letter should include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and e-mail address).)

3. Letter of Employment - No explanation whatsoever.

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
cosgrec said:
There are 3 things I need to provide from my current employer:

1. Employment Records - Reference Letter (Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available. The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.)

2. Offer of Employment - (You must provide an official document from your proposed employer, printed on company letterhead, stating that you will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. The letter should include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and e-mail address).)

3. Letter of Employment - No explanation whatsoever.

Hi,

I am confused about the same thing for my applicatiobn.

I know two things (OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT AND EMPLOYMENT RECORDS are clear), what about the Letter of Employment? I wonder if it is something just to validate the employment from the employer side, any thoughts?

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Andrew1982 said:
I did exactly as CIC instruction, even if it seems to be a repetition.. if you follow their instruction you should not screw up..
Got my PR last April 26 under EE.

good luck

[/quota

Hi, what did you put as letter of employment?

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
OINP Nomination 09-02-2016 EAPR- 04-04-2016 Additonal Doc Request- 05-04-2016 Schedule 4 Submitted- 06-04-2016 Medical Passed- 06-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
TRUENORTH_4M_C2C said:
Actually, business cards are taken from immediate managers/Supervisors who provide the reference letters. Not from the company itself.

First lemme congratulate you on getting PR.
I have a question regarding Job responsibility letter:
1. Do i need to mention landline and mobile no both of auth signatory or would only personal mobile no be fine?
2. Is it mandatory to attach business card of the signatory along with jd letter?

Thanx in advance

krzysztof

Mar 23, 2017
gur1122 said:
Hi,

I am confused about the same thing for my applicatiobn.

I know two things (OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT AND EMPLOYMENT RECORDS are clear), what about the Letter of Employment? I wonder if it is something just to validate the employment from the employer side, any thoughts?
Hi - just sharing - had today a call with CIC agent - and she told me: "we tell people to use Current Agreement with the employer here"
I guess current Agreement and a letter in form of typical letter of employment would be more than perfect

Sample Letter of Employment
[Date]

[Employer name]
[Employer address]

RE: Verification of employment for [employee name]

To whom it may concern:

Please accept this letter as confirmation that [employee name] has been employed with [employee name] since [employee start date]. Currently, [employee name]:

holds the title of [employee title]
earns a salary of [salary amount], payable [annually/monthly/weekly/daily/hourly], [and a bonus of (bonus amount)]
works on a [full-time/part-time] basis of [number of hours] per week
If you have any questions or require further information, please don't hesitate to contact me at [employer phone number].

Sincerely yours,

/s/

[Employer representative name]
[Employer title]

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Dear guys,
Could you please explain what the "job status" means? is it full-time/part-time? I'm under a 3-year contract with my current company. What should I show in the job status?
Thanks ya!

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
i cannot get frm the supervisors , my collegeaus can mention the job duties on letter head and sign it.is this accepted ?

company seal on letter head is it mandatory?

MahsaRB

May 2, 2019
Letter of employment : Offer letter from the company (which states you date of joining and per hr wages)
Reference letter: Experience letter from employment.

Offer letter differs from company to company
reference letter for CIC has some specific format . attach below for reference.

<DATE>

To Whom It May Concern:

Subject: Re: <NAME> – NOC <CODE>

I write to confirm that <NAME> has been working with<COMPANY NAME> as <ROLE>since <JOINING DATE> and works 40 hours per week under NOC <CODE> .His current gross salary <SALARY> per annum. He has been reporting to me till date and he is performing following roles and responsibilities as part of his daily work.

The primary duties performed by him during this tenure are listed below.

Role: <CURRENT ROLE> (<DESCRIPTION>)

Responsibilities:
• <JOB DESCRIPTION>.
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
• <RESPONSIBILITIES>
Please contact me should you require further information.

Sincerely

<MANAGER/HR NAME>,
<ROLE>
<Mobile>:
<Work>:
<Email>:
<website>