+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diff btwen Ontario College Graduate Certificate,PG Diploma N Am I over qualified

kranthi287

May 23, 2013
Hi, I want to do PG Diploma in Canada. So applied for Humber College for September 2013 intake. I even got offer letter from the college, but in that it was written for column
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate.
Program Length : 2 years
Program: ITS

I have seen in few websites that Graduate Certificate is 1 year program, but here i am getting 2 years.
My Queries are:
1) What is the difference between Ontario College Graduate Certificate and PG Diploma?
2) Is it worth doing a Graduate Certificate for 2 years?
3) What would be the job opportunities after doing ITS course in Humber?

My Details are:
Edu: B.tech(IT) - 65% - 2 backlogs
Exp - 1.5yrs in IT company
IELTS - 6.5(all above 6)
tution fee : Education loan

3) Am I over Qualified for this Graduate Certificate program / PG Diploma?
4) What are the chances of getting VISA with this profile?
5) On What areas/conditions can the embassy reject my VISA? like over qualified or no guarantee of returning home country.. etc
6) and what are the chances or percentage of my VISA rejection with this details and program?

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) What is the difference between Ontario College Graduate Certificate and PG Diploma? (PG diploma is a level of study like B.Tech & OCGC is accredition like Mumbai University)
2) Is it worth doing a Graduate Certificate for 2 years? (If its a full time course then it will allow u to work for 3 yrs after graduation)
3) What would be the job opportunities after doing ITS course in Humber? (no idea abt this)
3) Am I over Qualified for this Graduate Certificate program / PG Diploma? (No you are fine)
4) What are the chances of getting VISA with this profile? ( visa depends on selecting a relevant course & convincing the visa officer w.r.t finance, SOP & home ties)
5) On What areas/conditions can the embassy reject my VISA? like over qualified or no guarantee of returning home country
6) and what are the chances or percentage of my VISA rejection with this details and program? (program should be related to previous feild of study)

kranthi287

May 23, 2013
Thanks for the reply FaridShariff.

My stream in B.tech is Information Technology and i have applied for a program - Information Technology Solutions (Which is related to IT)
and I have taken Education Loan for the tuition fee and GIC.

I am reading reviews of many people regarding Humber College, based on those reviews I am unable to conclude whether Humber College -North Campus is good for Information Technology Solution Course?

Faculty, Teaching in the college?

Please provide some facts about the college?

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Hi Kranthi,

Since you have already completed B.Tech, pursuing Master's will be a better option.
Experts on the forum must be able to guide you.

I believe you must have applied for GBM- Humber since recommended by the educational agents.

About the GBM - Humber , you can simply type the program and college name in the search box of this site , and you find many reviews about the college and the program.

Thanks,
Siddhesh.

kranthi287

May 23, 2013
Thanks for the reply and suggestion Siddhesh. :)

1) PG Diploma over Masters: I have opted for PG Diploma as, I have was told by my Seniors who went to Canada and consultancies that Masters - unlike in USA, more theoretical and will be chosen by people who are interested in Research field and wanna settle as Professors mostly. Diploma - will be taught in colleges which has Campus Placement, job oriented training
Though I guess the cost for Masters and PG Diploma are nearly same, for doing Masters, the Universities are asking B.Tech % >70%, which I dont have. I have only 65%. and most of Universities demand IELTS -7.0

2) ITS over GBM: My B.Tech stream was IT. So it would be easy for me to do a Diploma course in the related stream of IT than moving into Business side making my chances of getting VISA lower. and moreover I am much interested in IT industry -Developing than Business Management.

Please correct me if I am wrong in any .

siddharth28

Jul 2, 2013
Hi Kranthi even im considering for OCGC but very confused. Please help what have u decided whats the solution u got?

Can u provide me your mail id

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a good question.. waiting to see replies from experts . What is more valuable .. a certificate course or diploma?

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Hope this link would give some idea.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t106224.0.html

dalip

Aug 18, 2013
Nairobi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-10-2018
My profile is 65% B.tech IT, 3yr work exp, I want to apply for masters or pg diploma/graduate certificate 2yrs in Canada, can any one help..??
IELTS 7 Band with no Less than 6.5..

Nishiroy

Jun 20, 2019
Hi Krathi

Did u get ur answer about the diff between pg diploma and ontario coll graduate certificate?? I myslf am facing the same issue..
Can anybody plz let me know is pg diploma and graduate cert the same??