+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

didn't think of this one!!!

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Dear all,

As a federally and lawfully admitted PR, we will soon land in Canada and within a few months start relocating and look for jobs. But what we didn't even think of was: What if while looking for a job, there is a job offer located inside Quebec, for example Montréal and what if we apply and get the job too?

Can we then move to Montréal and settle down out there having found the right job? or do we have to first apply for the selective issues of Quebec?

Thanks in advance

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
Yes, there is freedom of movement in Canada and as a legal PR in Canada admitted under Family Class, Skilled Worker or Canadian Experience Class, you can move where ever you want. I am PR (FC) living in Ontario, but no one can stop me from relocating to Quebec. However, my French is on a level of a 4 year old, so I wouldn't make it on the QC job market...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada charter of rights and freedoms says that a Canadian PR has the right to live and work anywhere in Canada. Quebec has their own immigration programs so if you wanted to immigrate there directly, they'd want you to go through them. However, whether you immigrate federally to non-Quebec or use the Quebec program to immigrate to Quebec, once you are in Canada, you can move anywhere.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Oh WOW! that is great to know... thank you both for helping me out.

Well, luckily I do speak both languages along with a few more and for me it won't be a problem to find work in French speaking province of Québec but I was not sure if I might be able to live there once been lawfully admitted to Canada as Skilled Worker. Now, I am sure it won't take that long and I might be even able to live and work in Montréal.

Off course, I will first attend both English and French language courses at one of the universities located inside Québec or Ontario.