+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't mention my brother when applying for Study Permit, now for CSQ should I?

Prakash39965

Apr 24, 2021
Hi did you mention your sibling name you omitted in your previous applications in your pr application? I hope it was not an issue
Bro I saw you got PR already..congrats.. and please share your experience how you solved this trouble. Did you mention previously omitted sibling? If yes did you explained in LOE? If yes, what did you write?

Negyiri

Mar 10, 2018
Sudan
Hello,

Did anybody come to any conclusions about this? I didn't put my half brother and half sisters on my application for my IEC as I didn't realize these were 'immediate' family. I only realized upon applying for permanent residnecy due to the drop down boxes indicating 'half brother' and half sister that they needed to be included.

I included them on my PR applocation and I am now very panicked about the fact that this could be serious from a silly mistake.

Anybody come to any resolution?

Thank you

I have similar case and I am so confused.

Simar12

Dec 14, 2021
Hi all,

Happy new year. I am currently doing my master's in Montreal, When I was filling out the forms to get my study permit two years ago, I didn't mention my brother's name as a family member. Now that I am gonna apply for my CSQ, I don't know if that I should correct that mistake or stick with what I presented before. I just looked it up and it seems that it is very serious and can be treated as misrepresentation that can cause lose of PR or even Citizenship.

I was exempted from military service to take care of my sick father, I used that as my tie to my country because I didn't have anything else to present at the time... I have four sisters who are all married, I felt if I don't mention my brother, that can be a good tie for me, telling the officer that I'm the only boy in the family and kinda have to get back because of the situation of my father. I even described this only-boy-in-the-family thing in my letter of explanation as well.

My family members, even my brother are not gonna come to Canada any time soon, but I don't want to live with this thought that some day they're gonna find out and my status can be in jeopardy. Somebody told to mention him when applying for CSQ and explain that you were too busy with your exams, and preparing documents in hurry resulted in missing out this piece of information, but my letter of explanation will screw this solution up.

Could you give me you take on this please? what do you think I should do? I'm kinda scared and my gut feelings say that I should stick with what I said before.

Thank you so much.
Hy... Plz tll what did you do...
Plzz reply...
M in similar situation

Simar12

Dec 14, 2021
I missed to mention my brothers in the TRV form and TRV was approved and we visited Canada as well.

Now we were planning to apply PR and received ITA. While filling all the forms we thought of matching all the dates with TRV and found that we missed to add my brothers details in the form. How to correct it?

Note: I applied for TRV along with my Husband, Son, Mother in law and Father in law. All other details are correct. Pl help what should we do
What did you do??
Plzz reply

Simar12

Dec 14, 2021
Hey buddy, what was the last status about your query? I have the same issue as I forgot to mention my sisters and now I don't know how to correct it.
Hy.. What did you do?
You mentioned bro sis in PR application...??
Plz tlll
Was there any issue?

Simar12

Dec 14, 2021
Plzzz
Hello,

Did anybody come to any conclusions about this? I didn't put my half brother and half sisters on my application for my IEC as I didn't realize these were 'immediate' family. I only realized upon applying for permanent residnecy due to the drop down boxes indicating 'half brother' and half sister that they needed to be included.

I included them on my PR applocation and I am now very panicked about the fact that this could be serious from a silly mistake.

Anybody come to any resolution?

Thank you
Plzzzz tllllll.
You included bro sis in PR application?
Was it an issue?
Did your PR approved?
Kindly reply