+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't lose birthday points

ibimmer

Jun 8, 2017
Hi,

So I received an ITA a week after my birthday because I never lost 5 points after my birthday. Had they deducted the points, I wouldn't have been invited to apply.

My application is at NA2. Should I be worried for any reason? Can they cancel my application at this stage due to this?

I mean I didn't lie or anything. Perhaps they give a week or 2 grace period before reducing the points by 5?

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
My understanding is points are given according to the date on which EE profile was submitted and not on the date of ITA issuance.

I will wait for the experts to reply here.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My understanding is points are given according to the date on which EE profile was submitted and not on the date of ITA issuance.

I will wait for the experts to reply here.
His points should have been updated but we've seen several cases of applicants having to recreate their profiles so their score due to their birthday is properly updated.

ibimmer

Jun 8, 2017
But how is it my fault that the system sent me an invitation? I'm hoping this won't cause rejection. It just hit me and thought I'd ask.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
This might cause an issue; I remember when I received my notes I noticed that they verified that my score didn't drop between my ITA and submission due to a coming birthday! And since you know for sure that if they deducted 5 points you will lose the ITA, you should contact them and explain the issue. Hopefully things will be okay.

PetCoke

Mar 14, 2017
This happened to me when I was in the EE pool. My CRS score never changed after my birthday, so I had to withdraw that application and create a new one. A week after that I received mu ITA

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
I wish the officers don't notice it until the application approval. Good luck.

FairOntario

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi,

So I received an ITA a week after my birthday because I never lost 5 points after my birthday. Had they deducted the points, I wouldn't have been invited to apply.

My application is at NA2. Should I be worried for any reason? Can they cancel my application at this stage due to this?

I mean I didn't lie or anything. Perhaps they give a week or 2 grace period before reducing the points by 5?
Please what happened in your case eventually, hope your application was accepted regardless? So many people are in this same situation now.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
@DelPiero07
Hey when I submit my application in the next two weeks, as of then I would still be employed with my current workplace but 2 weeks after I submit my application my internship would end. would that be misrepresentation?
Cuz as of right now my application would say that the job is current as of the date that the application would be submitted. however, my exp letter is going to state the date my internship ends though.

FairOntario

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi. Got my ppr everyone. Sorry for the delay in updating you.
Congratulations! You are very brave. Does that mean if someone is lucky and the system does not deduct the points, and ITA is issued, we can accept the ITA, and proceed with application? If that's the case, did you write an LOE for this situation?

FairOntario

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hi. Got my ppr everyone. Sorry for the delay in updating you.
Congratulations! Does that mean if someone is lucky and the system does not deduct the points, and ITA is issued, we can accept the ITA, and proceed with application? If that's the case, did you write an LOE for this situation?