+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't declare work experience...now found myself eligible for FSW..is it misinterpretation??

Ashishsavani

Feb 12, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
When i applied for study permit in January 2019 i didn't mention my work experience in it..in SOP i mentioned the date on which i received my graduation and masters degree certificates instead of mentioning date on which i passed exams.. and i also showed that i was doing IELTS and immigration process even though i was working at that time. I did all that because my agent said me that it is necessary to fill gaps. now i found out that i am eligible for PR by claiming that work experience.. i have salary account statements, reference letter and support from emplyer.. should i claim ut now?? Are they going to consider it as a misrepresentation??

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes, it's misrepresentation.

You can try to explain why you didn't declare the work experience in your study permit. Put it in a letter of explanation.

The visa officer will consider whether or not your misrepresentation would have led to a different decision had the work experience been declared, and if so, whether you should be refused or banned.

You may also be requested to provide additional proof of the work experience because the visa officer may consider that you are inventing the job now to claim credit for it.

This is why you shouldn't listen to agents who tell you to "fill gaps" with things that are not true.

nv95

Nov 7, 2023
When i applied for study permit in January 2019 i didn't mention my work experience in it..in SOP i mentioned the date on which i received my graduation and masters degree certificates instead of mentioning date on which i passed exams.. and i also showed that i was doing IELTS and immigration process even though i was working at that time. I did all that because my agent said me that it is necessary to fill gaps. now i found out that i am eligible for PR by claiming that work experience.. i have salary account statements, reference letter and support from emplyer.. should i claim ut now?? Are they going to consider it as a misrepresentation??

nv95

Nov 7, 2023
Hello Ashish, hope everything went well for you. I am in a similar situation now. Have you face any hurdles in the process. Please guide me. Thank you.