+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn’t show foreign experience in study permit, now want to claim points for foreign experience in Express entry.

Sayem Ahmed

Mar 26, 2019
While applying for study permit, i didn’t show my foreign work experience. it was by the agent who did it. However i have all the valid documents to show my foreign experience. But as i didn’t show foreign experience in study permit, will it be a problem to claim points in Express entry? Is there anyone who faced the same situation & overcame? Do advice from your experience please.

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
While applying for study permit, i didn’t show my foreign work experience. it was by the agent who did it. However i have all the valid documents to show my foreign experience. But as i didn’t show foreign experience in study permit, will it be a problem to claim points in Express entry? Is there anyone who faced the same situation & overcame? Do advice from your experience please.
Not showing is one thing and showing status as “unemployed “ is the other thing, if u showed unemployed previously then it’s gonna be a problem now. If u just didn’t mention it previously then u can explain in LOE why u didn’t mention it previously.
It doesn’t make a difference if it was ur agent or u.

Sayem Ahmed

Mar 26, 2019
Not showing is one thing and showing status as “unemployed “ is the other thing, if u showed unemployed previously then it’s gonna be a problem now. If u just didn’t mention it previously then u can explain in LOE why u didn’t mention it previously.
It doesn’t make a difference if it was ur agent or u.
Understood. That's why i was looking for someone who faced the same situation like me before.

Hussainkhan2019

Jul 7, 2019
Understood. That's why i was looking for someone who faced the same situation like me before.
I didn’t face same situation but similar situation where I had to maintain throughout all my applications what I had stated in the beginning. No variation unless you have a justification and the must be explained in LOE

Sayem Ahmed

Mar 26, 2019
I didn’t mention that i was unemployed. But there was a question to answer in the application where it asks if the applicant have work experience or not. I had to select either yes or no. That time my agent selected No. That's the only one reason of being worried. Though i had all the valid documents of my work experience.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
It is misrepresentation.
Are you saying you or the agent didn't fill Employment details in IMM1294?

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
@ [B]Sayem Ahmed[/B] -

Even, I'm in the same boat. I checked with my Lawyer here in Canada, as far as you declare this discrepancy on your PR application, you are fine and be truthful and it is NOT a misrepresentation. In LOE, please mention the reason why you did not disclose in your previous application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hajimuktar

FrankieChiu

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Hi Sayem, did you get any updates?

Amusingh

Feb 10, 2021
Hi,
I applied for my study permit/visa in 2019. It was approved without any difficulty but few days back i reviewed all my documents and found a mistake in work history section.
i have worked for 2 employers in my home country
Company1 - from 08/2017 to 08/2018
Company2- from 08/2018 to 08/2019

but in my application my consultant entered my experience as
Company2- from 08/2017 to present date at the time of application

however,only company2 offer letter was uploaded as a proof of work which clearly mentions date of joining as 08/2018.
My application was approved at that time but i am worried about my future applications for work permit and PR
Please help

ph.ya

Jan 12, 2023
hello ,
did you add the experience? i am at the same situation now

ph.ya

Jan 12, 2023
@ [B]Sayem Ahmed[/B] -

Even, I'm in the same boat. I checked with my Lawyer here in Canada, as far as you declare this discrepancy on your PR application, you are fine and be truthful and it is NOT a misrepresentation. In LOE, please mention the reason why you did not disclose in your previous application.
hello, did you add the experience?